Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    After a ridiculous delay, I am finally one of us.

I am new to concealed carry, so wanted to solicit some holster recommendations. I am 90% sure I will end up preferring AIWB and think I will get either the JMCK George or Tenicor Velo for that, but would like recommendations for 4 o'clock holsters for the G48. Something simple and comfortable would be ideal.

Also, I don't see much talk about concealment mag carriers. I considered for appendix some of the gun/mag combinations from Tier 1 and T-Rex, but am thinking I will start with separate holster and mag carriers for now just because it would have more flexibility. Any suggestions about brands and methods would be appreciated.
    For iwb mag carriers -

https://darkstargear.com/product/koala/

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/Q-AI...P-G48-43X.html

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/A-SPMPG17.html

are all good options

owb i like -

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/SPMP2.html

or as @JHC mentioned the kytex here -

https://www.kytexgear.com/products-p...e-mag-carrier/

though I've broken enough that I only use them for the range use

and CCC bmc's are fantastic as well -

https://www.customcarryconcepts.com/...rier_p_18.html
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I considered for appendix some of the gun/mag combinations from Tier 1 and T-Rex, but am thinking I will start with separate holster and mag carriers for now just because it would have more flexibility. Any suggestions about brands and methods would be appreciated.
    The trex appendix holster I had for a p2000 was of very low quality. It printed bad, was uncomfortable, and had poor workmanship. Would not recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I was the opposite, clamoring for a “48” before they were even announced. Then... I didn’t get one. I intend to fix that later today.
    Finally picked up my 48 on Wednesday. Now the whole vetting process begins. (Ironically the “vetting” began on Thursday when I picked up a lightly used 2012 Vette. )

I am new to concealed carry, so wanted to solicit some holster recommendations. I am 90% sure I will end up preferring AIWB and think I will get either the JMCK George or Tenicor Velo for that, but would like recommendations for 4 o'clock holsters for the G48. Something simple and comfortable would be ideal.

Also, I don't see much talk about concealment mag carriers. I considered for appendix some of the gun/mag combinations from Tier 1 and T-Rex, but am thinking I will start with separate holster and mag carriers for now just because it would have more flexibility. Any suggestions about brands and methods would be appreciated.
    Consider the Dark Star Gear Orion. Dark Star makes excellent stuff and their holsters work very well. You can turn it into an IWB holster by removing the claw attatchment so you’ll be able to experiment with both AIWB and IWB. You may need to get some extra hardware for the holster in order to do this though.

The reason you don’t see a lot of discussion about holster+mag combos is because quite frankly, they’re shit. They lack the flexibility and modularity of standalone holsters and pouches and you end up with what is essentially a tactical
    diaper. The PHLster Flex is a good alternative to the afformented Instagram holsters that will not survive hard use.

There’s almost zero risk to trying a JMCK, Dark Star Gear or Tenicor. If you don’t like any of these for any reason, you will almost certainly be able to sell them here for little loss as they’re all popular and well regarded here. Tenicor afaik has a 100% no-BS return policy that does not expire.

I have purchased quite a few holsters from SCK Silk Custom Kydex on Facebook and have been well pleased with each.

Welcome! Starting off, I have been through many AIWB holsters in several styles. Every body type is different and while I found my Trex arms sidecar (G43 and G19) very concealable, I wasn't sold on the style. I started with a g-code incog with sidecar and imo it was far more comfortable than the Trex however it printed horribly because of the clips used to lever the grip into your body creating a "belt shelf." The Trex raptor claw works just like a wing claw pivoting the butt of the gun behind your beltline. The downfalls to one piece pistol mag carriers are you have no individual adjustment for ride height. If you raise the mag and not the pistol you can't the grip towards your beltline. The other issue is there is no individual movement so right or left leg movement will out pressure on entire holster assembly.

I have never owned a JM George but I do have a Velo in both 43/43x/48 sizing and G19. The wedge or body contour works well to tuck the slide and grip into your abdomen without being excessive and the lip under the grip works like a wing to rotate the grip towards your belt. The 100% no questions asked return policy would be my recommendation but make sure you try it for a couple weeks at different spots on the belt as well as ride height to get it right.

I also have a Dark star gear in both sizes as well. The Orion for a G19 is very comfortable and concealable so much so I can't justify selling it or the velo. The hitchhiker for the 43 with mod wing is just to large of a footprint for such a small gun. I'm holding onto it until I can try it with a 48 then I'll decide.

Mag carriers... JM makes great products and you can't go wrong. Two other options to consider: Dark Star Gear Koala it comes with a pull the dot loop and instead of having adjustable clip height it has adjustable mag height allowing the carrier to keep from rolling forward but the mag sitting up higher. The other one to look at is snake eater tactical they have a soft elastic sleeve that will fit single stack or double stack with a Velcro soft loop for belt attachment. It is by far the most comfortable mag carriers I've ever tried and affordable.

Sorry for the long winded reply. This is all in my opinion only and ymmv.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Banned
    I considered a Glock 48 when they first came out but I couldn't really find any niche in my life that it filled that my Glock 26 didn't already fill.

If I was starting from nothing I would definitely consider a Glock 48 but already having a Glock 19 it makes more sense to me to go with the 26.

I'm on a budget and the biggest advantage the 26 has for me is the magazine compatablity. I wouldn't have that with the 48 and I really don't have the funds to support another platform.

So while I think it's a great idea it's just not one that works for me.

The 48X and the P365 didn't interest me at all

Vending Machine Operator
    I finally got some time with a G48 and was flatly stunned how well I liked it. I will be buying one for sure.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Sorry if this has already been asked, looked but didn't find an answer.

Looking for sight recommendations for a 43x, I like the POI to be just above the top of the front sight post. Looking for something that is easy to pick up and run at speed. Not a bullseye gun.

User Tag List