Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

For 365/365XL owners who are interested, Sig now has striker units for sale through Sig store that are of the most recent design.

With the release of the XL they changed the striker tip to be angled and also of course the shorter spring to reduce coiling. Unfortunately they also changed the design of the striker channel sleeve which makes it considerably more difficult to remove than the original.

This new design can be purchased through the store. I’ve seen other retailers offering this unit but cannot verify if it is the most recent design. For those concerned with primer drag or worry their early production striker isn’t up to snuff, this is an inexpensive upgrade. While I feel the primer drag issue is a non-issue, I do feel better about the durability of the current design.

The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Just checking in with my new 43X. Finally cleared FYL at 5 yds, level one.

This was with the gun held high. It seems to shoot a little low with the Ameriglo 0.180 front sight, so I’ve swapped the plastic stock Glock white 0.165” dot back on, while I ponder options. Consistent little pistol though; my best scores are with the gun held tightly and pressing the trigger like ripping off a band aid - smoothly and rapidly.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-12-2020 at 01:55 PM.

I finally cracked and got a poor man's commander (aka G48) of course it rains constantly since I bought it and only got to get about 50 rounds through it. Is it just me or is the new frame not quite the same glock grip angle?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Well, I aborted the 2,000 round challenge today on my 43X. Total round count was 1375 rounds without additional cleaning or lubrication:
    May I ask how you lubricated it initially?

I generally use a few drops of light oil on Glocks and have never had one gunk up enough to slow down the slide appreciably in a 2,000 round test.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    May I ask how you lubricated it initially?

I generally use a few drops of light oil on Glocks and have never had one gunk up enough to slow down the slide appreciably in a 2,000 round test.
    Slip 2000 EWL on the slide rails (about a drop each), a drop on the barrel hood, and a drop on the locking block. Also a small amount of red grease between the connector and the trigger bar.

Gun was purchased NIB in October 2019, it got a 100 round test fire and then it was sent off for milling.

Slip 2000 EWL on the slide rails (about a drop each), a drop on the barrel hood, and a drop on the locking block. Also a small amount of red grease between the connector and the trigger bar.

Gun was purchased NIB in October 2019, it got a 100 round test fire and then it was sent off for milling.
    Fwiw, that’s exactly the lube and areas I apply it to for my G43X.

Site Supporter
    I’ve never heard of neglecting lube during a test of gun function. Cleaning yes, lube no. That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve heard all week, but it’s only Monday...

Anybody happen to know if there are FDE frames out in the wild (factory) for the 43X & 48?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I’ve never heard of neglecting lube during a test of gun function. Cleaning yes, lube no. That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve heard all week, but it’s only Monday...
    There's a stickied thread at the top of this section full of people doing so...

There's a stickied thread at the top of this section full of people doing so...
    Which proves what exactly? I for one do not see what this 'test' proves other than it passed or didn't pass, what does it mean? Something that fails is junk despite the fact it works just fine properly lubricated?

User Tag List