Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Sig p365 xl vs g48 showdown. Has anyone shot both and which do you choose and why please?

I own both and have to tip the scale in favor of the 48 personally, simply due to ergonomics, the 365 as great as it is still feels toylike in my hands, where the 48 feels like a slim and perfected G19, the controls fall exactly where they should and I operate it totally subconciously. On the 365 I cant even consistently drop the slide with my thumb because the release is too small, too stiff and too far forward. Function has been 100% on both to date, accuracy is a wash and a byproduct of the superior ergos (for me) means I run the 48 more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    I own both and have to tip the scale in favor of the 48 personally, simply due to ergonomics, the 365 as great as it is still feels toylike in my hands, where the 48 feels like a slim and perfected G19, the controls fall exactly where they should and I operate it totally subconciously. On the 365 I cant even consistently drop the slide with my thumb because the release is too small, too stiff and too far forward. Function has been 100% on both to date, accuracy is a wash and a byproduct of the superior ergos (for me) means I run the 48 more efficiently.
    You referring to a 365 or 365XL? XL handles like a much larger pistol than the 365, for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I only have the XL, never tried the regular 365.

My assessment of the XL compared to a 48/43X, is the XL carries smaller, holds more cartridges, reloads easier and has better texturing. The 48 seems more resistant to corrosion, and especially so the magazines. I like the flat trigger on the XL, but my XL trigger is not as good as the one on my 365. I prefer the Glock striker design and, of course, the SCD capability. Pretty much a wash for me overall, and I carry whichever one is the smaller version of my competition CO pistol.

I had the Glock 48, liked it but find the P365 easier to shoot well, easier to carry and conceal, able to get into a pocket when I really need to, more rounds.

I don't do a ton of live fire drawing from concealment with the P365 so the absence of gadget is not a problem for me.

Thank you all! I am torn between the form factor of the XL as far as size is concerned definitely seems slightly smaller in dimensions compared to the G48. I haven't seen an XL yet but I did get to shoot a G48 and I really liked it. The gadget is a pretty big deal to me since I practice from concealment primarily, and my edc usually always ends up being a G19. But I also see the sig has a manual safety model too now, but I haven't seen a safety on the XL and that is more the size I am looking for.

Are the sig p365 going to come with different grip modules in the future? I definitely see some cool possibilities with that concept, and I like how the XL is dot ready, but I'm sure putting a dot on a glock would be possible too. Are there any red dots small enough for single stacks that have been vetted pretty hard yet?

I personally do not find them game changers at all. I have shot the Glock 43x and it gave me a really bad Blister on my trigger finger, Shot the 365 and just not impressed at all. And for sure it was not a good grip for my size large hand. Just too easy too ride the slide. I hope to shoot the Hellcat this weekend, but if I like it, it will not be just for the added rounds. I am not in to the high round count race war. And for sure will still be carrying my Pocket guns on most occasions. Prefer the Kahr CM 9 for 9mm carry. Love the Striker fired DAO trigger and the lightest weight of any of the new High Round Count guns out there. Weight does make a difference. The CM9 now has a magguts that will add one more round and perfect for my needs. And I have other Micro 9mm's, Pocket guns and revolvers that mean more to me than just higher number of rounds. Just my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Back after the range visit.
    Well dang I never did do this comparison. But, tomorrow, I am going with Shootin' Partner with my Glock 19.5 and her P365 to um try out a few things.

One objective measure I wanted to add before the range visit. I recently compiled a short spreadsheet of my current/recent USPSA/Carry guns. I weighed a few things including the whole shebang, in ounces, and then sorted the list based on carry weight per round, in ounces.

In other words, how many ounces do you have to carry, per round, for your carry rig?

I found this quite interesting as weight, vs. many other common measurements (width, overall grip, etc.) "for me" over the last couple years has assumed a greater role in selecting a carry weapon.

My original spreadsheet did not include the little Sig, but my Glock 19.5 topped the list at 2.3 ounces per round. Which makes sense as the G19 is a perennial favorite combining round count and lightness. I added the Sig P365, in pocket carry mode with a Desantis Nemesis holster, and low and behold, the metric for it was exactly the same as the Glock 19. I was pretty surprised but maybe not, since it has that magic mag (how do they get 10 rounds in there?).

Anyway, herewith the chart:

Attachment 44862
    Last edited by RJ; 11-16-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Just back from Primary Machine.

Name:  30F3FD62-468D-4239-A4C4-D8F42B18412F.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  77.0 KB

Name:  F373485C-4160-4C92-93AD-117797EB262F.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  21.6 KB

User Tag List