Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Here’s a comparison of the old extractor (left) and the new (right). I never had any issues with the old one but the new one does seem to have a more aggressive “claw” and different geometry. Don’t know what that really translates into but apparently it addressed the FTE issue. New extractor has proven very difficult for me to install compared to the old one. Spring in the new kit appeared to be the same as the existing one.

Name:  C7C2CC62-5511-4F6D-B975-8FD5EC1ABD5B.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  ABBF8801-8A8A-4F0A-8CA1-72F88BE4636F.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  20.7 KB

Name:  D987A60E-22A1-422B-957C-3BD98B0EBD66.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  26.2 KB

Is anyone offering NP3, or equivalent, coating of 365 mag tubes to hold down corrosion?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is anyone offering NP3, or equivalent, coating of 365 mag tubes to hold down corrosion?
    I've considered it but at $35 a piece, hard pass.

The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wright armory, cylinder and slide, amerigun USA. Vancomp and Cajun gun works do as well but I don’t think they do individual parts like the first three.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've considered it but at $35 a piece, hard pass.
    After 18 months of carrying a P365, every one of my wife’s 365 magazines that she carries has varying amounts of corrosion. I also wonder if more lubricity in the mag tube would enhance long term function.

Site Supporter
    I'm not in year round humidity, but get our share in the summer.
    I carried my XL (AIWB) last spring to October, in July I noticed the body side / rear of the slide was rusted, where the full sweat guard stops.
    After carefully cleaning the small area with some 000 steel wool I wiped it down well with a Sentry Marine Tuf cloth and did so every couple of days until I went back to my P10C in the fall, It seemed to keep things in check pretty well.
    I expect as it warms up the XL will see more carry time and maybe some new springs, extractor and refinish next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    My practice 365XL has developed a failure to eject issue over the past 250 rounds or so. By my count, six FTEs causing the gun school double feed malfunction. I have a spare extractor and RSA, but SIG has sent me an RMA so I’m going to let them take a look. There is no obvious damage to the extractor and cleaning did not solve the issue.

My vetted carry gun is still problem-free, though it’s rarely fired nowadays.
    Update:

SIG contacted me indicating the repair required replacement of the FCU. I find this odd given the issue was failures to extract, but it sounds as if they’re simply giving me a new gun rather than fixing mine.

I received my new 365 X slide and mounted a 507K. Very appealing small pistol.

Name:  1EB4D729-FCF5-430D-9465-E14E188C0871.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  72.3 KB

The 507K on the short 365 slide is a game changer for me, in terms of the versatility of the 365. What used to be grip, trigger and sights is reduced to grip and trigger.

Received my gun back from SIG. They claim to have replaced the extractor and test fired. The barrel appears new. The slide is original. My FCU was deemed “out of spec” and replaced.

Decided to add a bit of versatility and went with a standard 365 frame on one of my guns.

User Tag List