Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10-8 rear sights HK45/P30 are out

Quote Originally Posted by Steven C. View Post
    Is that the Heinie "Tactical"?
    I would imagine that measurement was taken on the #3950 sights, the tacticals are the #3960 or suppressor sights which are even taller.

Is that the Heinie "Tactical"?
    Here are some extra cruddy pics I snapped comparing my old OEM sights with the standard Heinies I have installed:

Dang. I love the 10-8 rear sight, but would like it to work with a taller front sight. Maybe this + .125" wide tritium Dawson front.

Anyone know a good place to get p30 sights installed outside dawson or greyguns?

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Dang. I love the 10-8 rear sight, but would like it to work with a taller front sight. Maybe this + .125" wide tritium Dawson front.

Anyone know a good place to get p30 sights installed outside dawson or greyguns?
    They say that the 10-8 rear is drift in, no fitting required. I was able to get my Dawsons on my P30 with sight pusher and a little filing on the front sight base. I guess it all depends on what you get.

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

The 10-8 sight arrived today. Some machining marks, but good finish. It was drift in, a little tight, but no filing required. Five minutes with a nylon tipped drift punch on the kitchen tale and it was done. The rear notch is deep and wide.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

The 10-8 sight arrived today. Some machining marks, but good finish. It was drift in, a little tight, but no filing required. Five minutes with a nylon tipped drift punch on the kitchen tale and it was done. The rear notch is deep and wide.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.
    Good to know, too bad it wouldn't get here in time for AFHF if I ordered it today.

I read the thread on this over on 10-8forums and it looks like Hilton is considering making a front sight for to pair with this.

Just got my 10-8 rear installed.
    Name:  IMAG0150.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  28.6 KBName:  IMAG0152.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  21.3 KBName:  IMAG0153.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  24.0 KBName:  IMAG0154.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  23.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Just got my 10-8 rear installed.
    Which front sight is that?
    Last edited by JV_; 04-13-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I would imagine that measurement was taken on the #3950 sights, the tacticals are the #3960 or suppressor sights which are even taller.
    Yes.. those are the #3950's..

Can anyone tell me how this word work with the factory installed mep front?

User Tag List