Thread: Week 332: iHack SHO & WHO

Week 332: iHack SHO & WHO

Week 332: iHack SHO & WHO

Results may be posted until September 6th, 2019.

Designed by: TLG from the Hackathorn 3-Second Head Shot Standards
    Range: 5yd
    Target: three 2" circles - download here: http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...in-circles.pdf
    Start position: Ready
    Rounds fired: 36

The iHack is an indoor range friendly version of the famous Hackathorn 3-Second Head Shot Standards. The targets are much closer together but also significantly smaller than the regular version of the drill. This week, we'll be adding another twist: shooting the drill SHO (Strong Hand Only) and WHO (Weak Hand Only).

PAR time is set to six seconds for each string. There are three strings of fire.

String 1: Fire one (and only one) shot at each target, going from left to right

String 2: Fire one (and only one) shot at each target, going from right to left.

String 3: Fire one (and only one) shot at each target, beginning with the middle target and then finishing with the two outside targets in any order.

Shots fired after the 6-second PAR time count as misses. In total, you will fire nine rounds (three shots in three seconds for each of the three strings of fire) for each run of the drill. A "passing" score is 7 out of 9.

Start position is any ready position of your choosing so long as the muzzle is not pointed at the target.

Shoot the drill a total of four times (36 shots): twice SHO then twice weak WHO.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Hits for each of the four runs
    Aggregate score
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

5" m&p with dawson sights
    low ready(muzzle at base of target)

Total hits sho - 12/18
    Total hits who - 7/18

Total hits - 19/36

Sho breakdown - 12 total

run1
    1. 0/0/0 =0 - 4.36
    2. 0/1/1 =2 - 3.71
    3. 1/1/1 =3 - 5.40
    =5

run 2
    1. 1/1/1 =3 - 4.96
    2. 0/1/1 =2 - 5.15
    3. 1/0/1 =2 - 4.75
    =7

Who breakdown - 7 total

run 1
    1. 1/1/1 =3 - 4.69
    2. 0/0/0 =0 - 4.37
    3. 0/0/0 =0 - 6.17 (last shot was a hit but was overtime)
    =3

run 2
    1. 0/1/1 =2 - 5.59
    2. 0/1/0 =1 - 5.11
    3. 0/0/1 =1 - 4.63
    =4

Disappointed but not surprised. I have only hit dry practice once the last two weeks and haven't even really been putting in much skills maintenance. I seem to be flinching horribly when shooting single handed. Possibly two handed as well and my grip is just covering it up. Sometimes I saw it and sometimes I called a good hit but pulled it. I've never been a good single handed shooter and my lack of effort lately certainly is showing here as well. Next range session I need to do some stoplight drill to get a bit of my trigger control back single handed, along with put effort into at least getting solid trigger manipulations in dry practice daily even if I don't holster up for draw/reload work.

I got pics of the two sho runs and the final who but forgot the first who.

Name:  20190809_102643.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  41.5 KB
    Sho run 1

Name:  20190809_102643.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  41.5 KB
    Sho run 2

Name:  20190809_103103.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  43.3 KB
    Who string 2

*Pics don't seem to match up with scoring. I'll have to look su it in a bit
    Last edited by backtrail540; 08-09-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List