Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunglasses? Rudy or Oakley

Sunglasses? Rudy or Oakley

Need to get a new set of sunglasses/shooting glasses and have been looking at either the Rudy's (gentek) or the Oakley's ( radars) Ive heard good things about the Rudys but have never used them. Any suggestions?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Based on past threads I call Rudy's will win.

Oakleys fit my wide head better. Even the widest Rudy's squeeze my temples.

From a lens/optics standpoint, it's a wash IMO. I do, however, like Rudy's Rx inserts for prescription lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

If you're military, you can get oakleys half off at usstandardissue.com. I've been wearing Half Jacket XLJs from them for a few years - cycling, shooting, running, and everything in between.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Not to cloud the issue but I am currently using Rudy and Smith Elite optics and frankly like the fit of the Smith a bit better. Used Oakleys in years past but think the Smith fit better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    Oakleys fit my wide head better. Even the widest Rudy's squeeze my temples.
    FWIW, Rudy's Magsters fit my big, dumb head quite well. 6'3", 240.

I had a problem with a contact lens/eye a few days ago, and don't feel like my glasses have enough coverage for shooting steel. Probably time to have some Rx glasses appropriate for shooting and outdoor play. I see Rudy offers Rx inserts behind a lens, or Rx lenses -- is there a concencus as to the best solution for what I am looking for?

Rudy Project FTW

I love mine and won't wear anything else now.

Are you responding to the Rx shooting question, and if so, did you go with insert or Rx lens, and which model?

I have used Oakley Halfjacket XLJ's for the past few years. Other than the cost with perscription inserts, no downside for me. I wish I had gotten them years ago. I have a big pumpkin and they fit fine with great coverage. I have never worn the Rudy's so i can't comment.

Scott

User Tag List