Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol "Outlaw" Matches

Pistol "Outlaw" Matches

There's some upcoming pistol-only matches, separate from the usual organizations that I've been seeing on my media feed, and I'm curious to both hear what people think about these particular matches and to learn what other sort of atypical action pistol stuff might be out there.

Handgun Brutality is waaay out west in St. George UT, April 7 - 9 and is being run by the 2-gun action challenge crew that does all the other "Brutality"-style matches. All I know is that there two of the divisions (I'm not sure how many there are, I'm not in that Patreon group) are sized based, a "Full-Size" 9.0" x 7.0" and a "Compact Carry" 7.0" x 5.5" division (slide parallel to long dimension). Looks like either a Roland Glock or 92X Performance w/ Steiner will just fit the "Full-Size".

I also see that Infinity is hosting a "World Pistol Shootout" in Gordon, TX, March 17-19; divisions are "Performance Carry" and "Unlimited", and will uniquely feature shootouts for the top competitors in each division and category (Junior, Lady, Senior, Super Senior).

There's simply no way that I'll be able to make the Handgun Brutality match, and probably not even the Infinity match, but I am 100% intending to make the Pin Shoot this summer.

What else might be out there? I am interested in the action 2-gun and 3-gun stuff, but I'm also interested in these, and interested in any action pistol that might be substantially different than our classic USPSA & IDPA stuff. I still really like those sports, but I'm also really interested in and open to the big world of "other" that might be out there.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Would you be interested in biathlon/run'n'gun events?

If so there are quite a few out there in OK, TX, AR, KY, AL, GA, TN, SC, and NC.

https://thegunrun.us/

There are outlaw events that are not publicized. I have shot a couple of club level matches that are Own Rules but not known of outside their catchment. Ask around at the ranges you can reasonably get to.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Check local clubs. Around here they had an Outlaw 2-Gun. I believe most equipment had to be USPSA legal, but the only restrictions on the weapons themselves were "no .22".

PCSL which is Max Leograndis spinoff is 2 gun.

2-gun is cool, and I should be able to start attending monthly 2-gun matches right over the border in Mississippi.

What I am hoping to discuss, and learn more about, would be some pistol-only stuff, particularly if it's matches that have different accuracy/speed combinations than USPSA or IDPA, both of which I like- but I can already go and shoot and experience pretty easily.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    2-gun is cool, and I should be able to start attending monthly 2-gun matches right over the border in Mississippi.

What I am hoping to discuss, and learn more about, would be some pistol-only stuff, particularly if it's matches that have different accuracy/speed combinations than USPSA or IDPA, both of which I like- but I can already go and shoot and experience pretty easily.
    Phoenix Rod & Gun Club hosts a couple of "1 Gun" pistol matches every month that are pretty unique. Contact bruce@1gun.org for details if interested and tell him Ken W. referred you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

Have you tried steel challenge or Pro Am?

Steel Challenge is cool, our local club does one of those a month, and it's where bust out the rimfire fun.

Phoenix has always seemed to me to be one of the real centers of growth, novelty, and skill in shooting. I've only ever visited once, for a job I didn't get, but I greatly admire all the neat stuff that I hear about coming from that area.

Site Supporter
    Have you looked at NRA Action Pistol? Definitely a different mix of accuracy vs speed. Looks like there is at least 1 club in Louisiana that puts on matches. I'll hopefully be trying my first one in March in production class.

User Tag List