Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honestly tried to get a 6720...

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I wasn’t aware that Colt was selling complete 6960 uppers. I’d buy one if the price was right.
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod120469.aspx

Watch for the Brownells specials...I got mine for $495.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....idlength/page9

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    This is what I would do. When I was trying to buy a few inexpensive rails, I bought from ALG Defense during one of their blem sales. If I knew about the BCM MCMR at those prices, I would have spent a few dollars more.
    I stumbled across them a few months back when looking for something else and they're one of the first sites I check when I need something. 2 BCM rails for less than $300 shipped is a smoking deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I wasn’t aware that Colt was selling complete 6960 uppers. I’d buy one if the price was right.
    That's the weird thing. To my knowledge, they don't.

Brownells is the only distributor of the 6960 upper, and it only comes with the rail, but without BCG or charging handle. This one had no evidence of a rail being mounted, but has a bolt group and charging handle. It's kind of a unicorn.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    I know you said that a quad rail would not work for you, but honestly, if I were working with that I would get a Centurion Arms C4 rail and call it good. Yeah, it’s a quad rail, but it’s lightwieght and relatively slim for a quad rail. And it works with the stock barrel nut. I have two of them. With MagPul or Ergo ladder rail covers, I’m quite happy with them. M-Lok is the in thing these days, but quad rails aren’t going away either.
    This was going to be my suggestion as well. I have at least four of these rails and they have proven to be rock solid performers. They replaced DD on a couple carbines.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Still waiting on the LaRue MBT-2 trigger, otherwise done.
    This trigger will make you *very* happy. Don’t use the heavy trigger spring, the other is heavy enough.

You’ve got a lot of rail recommendations already. Haley’s sling is very nice and converts from 1- to 2-point.

This will be a hell of a tool and will likely outlive you in effectiveness. Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    This trigger will make you *very* happy. Don’t use the heavy trigger spring, the other is heavy enough.

You’ve got a lot of rail recommendations already. Haley’s sling is very nice and converts from 1- to 2-point.

This will be a hell of a tool and will likely outlive you in effectiveness. Congrats
    Edit, forgot: WCArmory sourced Toolcraft BCGs are good to go and reputably the same as Colt and others’ OEM. You don’t need a tricky coating and phosphate BCGs with Carpenter 158 bolts have been working for decades.

Site Supporter
    Last time I looked for a 6720 nobody had any. I had planned to chop off the front sight and use an ALG rail

Three months later...

Finally got the LaRue trigger on the way, and a very-good condition VTAC rail with extra accessories came up for a quite good price this last week. Still looking for suitable iron sights, since I am originally a luddite black powder cartridge type guy with a handlebar mustache. As @Tamara would say, I need my Woobie.

(And I am going to go compare mini & full size Red Dots, Reflex sights, and maybe ACOG type optics. Oy! )

So here's the state of the not-quite-KISS, not-quite-6720:

Name:  Colt-Sionics_build.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  47.7 KB

In honor of the inattentive Colt Employee who assembled the upper, and his likely former employer, I am naming the carbine "Clem Century".
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 11-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

My Colt 6720 is my absolute favorite AR. To keep mine trim I added a Ion Lite rail from Lone Star Armory. With Aimpoints being incredibly durable, backup iron sights are so low priority that I just use the Magpul MBUS. I added an ambi-selector, LSA's bolt release, a B5 Bravo stock, and Magpul K2 grip. I hope someday BCM makes their full size Gunfighter fore grip in MLOK.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Brian T; 11-11-2019 at 07:40 PM.

User Tag List