Thread: Falling bullet can kill...

Exclamation Falling bullet can kill...

Or at least hurt you pretty bad...

Name:  Denver falling bullet 9mm.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  23.3 KB
    Police says it's a falling bullet and could have been fired within 2 miles radius.

https://kdvr.com/2019/08/02/falling-...ng-to-her-car/

DENVER -- A Denver woman has an amazing story of survival after being hit by a falling bullet.

Wendy Shaya said she nearly lost her life in the middle of a quiet peaceful afternoon along East 58th Avenue in Green Valley Ranch.

Shaya said, “I had put a lock back on the house, walking back to my car, when all of a sudden I felt a really sharp pain in my foot and look down it was gushing blood everywhere."

Shaya said her first thoughts were that she’d been hit by a rock or that a vein had ruptured. Instead, doctors at the emergency room at University Hospital showed her an X-ray of her foot with a 9 MM bullet inside.

Shaya says she never heard gunfire and police told her it was a falling bullet that could have been fired from as far as two miles away.

Her sister, Allison Cohen said, “My immediate thought was she absolutely could’ve died, had been half a second sooner or later. Had a bullet going anywhere different this outcome would be different she wouldn’t be with us."

Shaya is sharing her story with hopes that this doesn’t happen to anybody else. "The biggest thing is that it is illegal to shoot guns in the air and the idea that if you do that, the bullet is still deadly," she said.

Denver police tell us they are investigating the falling bullet and, according to Shaya, are trying to match the bullet with gun involved in any other crimes.

Site Supporter
    My uncle found a fired bullet in his pool. Seems like it ended up in the pool on the night of July 4th, which fits with all the gunshots in the area that night.

Banned
    I found a bullet hole in my roof in Colorado Springs

I had a bullet hole in my roof, too, found while cleaning my gutters a few years ago. Some people in my neighborhood like to celebrate Independence Day by shooting in the air I suppose. No matter what people say, gunfire doesn't sound like firecrackers.

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I’m a general contractor, I’ve found a few bullet holes in roofs.

I dated a girl who's dad was LAPD for a few decades. He told me they parked the cruiser under the overpass on midnight at New Year to
    try to avoid this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I dated a girl who's dad was LAPD for a few decades. He told me they parked the cruiser under the overpass on midnight at New Year to
    try to avoid this issue.
    Parking garages with lower levels work great.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I treated a little girl in Iraq who was killed by a falling bullet fired from celebratory gunfire.

Here is the case of a little boy killed in Richmond, VA by celebratory gunfire on the 4th of July: https://www.google.com/amp/s/al.com/...outputType=amp

In both cases, the falling bullets struck the victims in the head and caused devastating neurologic injury.

People who fire guns in the air should be immediately kicked in the testicles or ovaries.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Shannon Smith was an 8th grader in Phoenix who was killed by a randomly fired bullet which struck her in the head while she was in her backyard. This happened in 1999. In 2000 Shannon’s Law was passed which made randomly firing a gun in the air in a municipality a felony.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Friend of mine had a 45 bullet end up in his daughters closet. He only found it because there was drywall dust in the carpet and he thought he was investigating a mouse!

My dad found a.38 bullet in an aileron on his Cessna 150 back in the mid '90s. It had to been almost stopped when it got there to only penetrate one skin on a Cessna.

User Tag List