Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I imagine there was a male involved somewhere along the way...
    Being a father takes a bit more than donating some sperm, either directly to the mother or via the scenic route. Same for being a mother. Takes more than just gestating a child and delivering them into the world.

People have abdicated their roles as parents to a huge degree. We now have at least 2 generations who want to be friends first and latest after. Bad stuff happens.

I’d love to see more traditional family structures reinforced, but at the same time I’d settle for people just being parents.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    That requires a Supreme Court willing to say they actually meant what they said in Miller. Kavanaugh arguably will vote that way based upon his past decisions. Will Roberts?

It also requires such a case -- whether a brace, a magazine-fed semi-auto, or anything else we commonly use -- being before the Court to decide. And... there isn't one. All we've really got right now is a vessel for the Court to issue a half-baked opinion dealing with an outlier New York law and punt the issue of how they will decide 2A cases and faint hopes that Roberts will agree to explicitly extend the core 2A protections outside the home.

Unfortunately, our court system is dramatically slower to respond to these things than our state legislatures.
    I wouldn’t trust Roberts to stick to a constructionist philosophy in a high-profile case where doing so might be unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Newsletter? For real?
    Quoting this.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Quoting this.

Oh wow. This is just like when Stoeger Rick rolled me!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Spoke with one of our Tac medics today. He told me most of the victims were transported to the hospital by Dayton PD and private vehicles. Only 5 by medics. Kudos to DPD, from what I was told they did a hell of a job treating the injured. The ER staff gave them mad props as well:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=92Kfja...=youtu.be#menu
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Spoke with one of our Tac medics today. He told me most of the victims were transported to the hospital by Dayton PD and private vehicles. Only 5 by medics. Kudos to DPD, from what I was told they did a hell of a job treating the injured. The ER staff gave them mad props as well:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=92Kfja...=youtu.be#menu
    That's good to hear. I've been to a couple of the OTOA Active Assailant conferences with debriefings by officers, fire personnel, and hospital staff. Incidents reviewed included the Aurora theater, Washington Navy Yard, San Bernardino, Las Vegas, and some school shootings. It seems in a lot of these, LE neutralizes the shooter relatively quickly, then there is significant delay in getting the wounded to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    That's good to hear. I've been to a couple of the OTOA Active Assailant conferences with debriefings by officers, fire personnel, and hospital staff. Incidents reviewed included the Aurora theater, Washington Navy Yard, San Bernardino, Las Vegas, and some school shootings. It seems in a lot of these, LE neutralizes the shooter relatively quickly, then there is significant delay in getting the wounded to the hospital.
    I think you’ll see that start to change. I think many cops have realized it’s quicker to take them to get treatment in the back of a patrol car than wait. Orlando, Aurora, Dayton are just a few places where LE has made transports in mass casualty incidents. The Rescue Task Force concept is good, but still takes a while. I believe we will eventually see the load and go transport by LE become a standard practice and not an improvisation.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I think you’ll see that start to change. I think many cops have realized it’s quicker to take them to get treatment in the back of a patrol car than wait. Orlando, Aurora, Dayton are just a few places where LE has made transports in mass casualty incidents. The Rescue Task Force concept is good, but still takes a while. I believe we will eventually see the load and go transport by LE become a standard practice and not an improvisation.
    I hope that proves to be correct. My understanding is that dealing with internal bleeding is one of the biggest factors in surviving or not, and that this is best done at the hospital. So, getting the victims to the hospital as quickly as possible is one of the most important things that can be done for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Absolutely not.

I can’t speak to the Dayton shooter but there is no indication the El Paso shooter is mentally ill by any clinical definition. Like the Sutherland springs shooter and the NZ shooter, he was calm, calculating and efficient. That is simply Evil. Evil exists.

Like I say...I dunno...and of course its impossible to put everyone in a neat little box.

Seems to me someone doing this type of thing has to be one (or more) bricks short of a load....but it makes sense there are all types. All I know is its not the guns fault.
    [B]“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest” - Ben Franklin

You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
    ― Edwin Louis Cole

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Being a father takes a bit more than donating some sperm, either directly to the mother or via the scenic route. Same for being a mother. Takes more than just gestating a child and delivering them into the world.

People have abdicated their roles as parents to a huge degree. We now have at least 2 generations who want to be friends first and latest after. Bad stuff happens.

I’d love to see more traditional family structures reinforced, but at the same time I’d settle for people just being parents.
    I think you missed the joke...

User Tag List