Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need new electronic hearing protection. Suggestions please.

Site Supporter

Need new electronic hearing protection. Suggestions please.

My last pair of Howard Leights bit the dust. I was fairly pleased with the cost and electronics, but not so much with the comfort and durability. Noise reduction was ok. So now I’m looking for something new. Specs are as follows:

1. Over ear, compatible/comfortable with Rx glasses and sunglasses
    2. Electronic (amplify sounds, noise cutoff limit)
    3. Directional/stereo amplification
    4. Bluetooth option
    5. Works well with long gun stocks (left and right hand)
    6. Comfort
    7. Durable

No price limit.

Thanks.

Good luck finding one that works with a long gun.

You won't find many top tier versions which support bluetooth, not yet anyway.

What's your price point?

Regardless of what you end up getting, make sure you get some noisefighter ear gel upgrades.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Bluetooth doesn't seem to be common...I did find this:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Communicat.../dp/B00DHVXF2E

"Sound control boosts low-level sounds while limiting loud sounds
    Ambient listening features make it easier to hear conversation, warning signals, and approaching vehicles
    Bluetooth connectivity works with enabled cell phone, MP3 player, or 2-way radio
    Noise-cancelling boom microphone helps improve voice communication in noise
    Stereo system makes listening to music more enjoyable by improving sound quality"

Hard to tell but I think it has gel cups.

I have a pair of Walkers that would meet most of your specs. They work well.

Walker's Razor Quad Electronic Bluetooth Muff-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W576CHT..._pANrDbDK083MT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you want the Bluetooth?

I’ve been a Sordin user for many years. Shot thousands of rounds though ARs and AKs and shotguns with them, and hundreds of rounds through a bolt-action, and never had an issue. But everyone’s head is different and lots of people seem to object to over-ear hearing protection with long guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponeer View Post
    I have a pair of Walkers that would meet most of your specs. They work well.

Walker's Razor Quad Electronic Bluetooth Muff-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W576CHT..._pANrDbDK083MT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the non-BT version. They work really well, no complaints.

MSA Sordins or the Peltor Comtac III. No blue tooth on either (unless they've recently added that feature) but both are durable. Comfortable when worn for long periods. Gel ear pads can be added if you have some discomfort when wearing glasses and there are a number of padded aftermarket covers for the head band if needed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-04-2019 at 08:33 AM.

There's already a thread covering msa sordins and a bunch of other ear pro related things, I couldn't find it with a quick search but someone should link it as it likely has all the answers.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List