Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How to Grip A DA Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    One tip - DO NOT wear a shirt you like when doing the live fire portion. The cylinder blast when shooting from the #2 will absolutely ruin your shirt. I destroyed my favorite Sonoran shirt from Wilderness Tactical (that I had only had for a few months and paid $60+ for !) in 2006 doing this with a 642.
    Negative.....old stuff. I was told by a new revolver expert that the whole blast thing is an old wives tale. So, now you can wear a good shirt because the blast won’t hurt you.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Negative.....old stuff. I was told by a new revolver expert that the whole blast thing is an old wives tale. So, now you can wear a good shirt because the blast won’t hurt you.
    So many rules to remember. Fortunately, I don't have any good shirts.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Ah. The new expert who has been shooting snubs for a year and has 250 rounds through his. Man DB, why did we waste all that time actually doing stuff? That was apparently unnecessary..........
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Rash guards are surprisingly (or, unsurprisingly, if one thinks about it) resistant to this issue. I ran a 640 in the last local ECQC. No problem.
    Don't misunderstand. The material of the shirt was fine. It was still eminently wearable, and it was one of my range shorts for years afterward. It was just ruined appearance-wise with giant gunpowder blast marks on the pec and the sleeve. Not really something that could be overlooked sitting at a Starbucks!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Don't misunderstand. The material of the shirt was fine. It was still eminently wearable, and it was one of my range shorts for years afterward. It was just ruined appearance-wise with giant gunpowder blast marks on the pec and the sleeve. Not really something that could be overlooked sitting at a Starbucks!
    That's your problem. Mistaking shirts and shorts. Major fashion faux pas at every Starbucks I've been to.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That's your problem. Mistaking shirts and shorts. Major fashion faux pas at every Starbucks I've been to.
    I’ve evidently been known to mistake shirts and shots at Starbucks before, and ended up wearing the latter on my chest by mistake...

Not recommended.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Glad I don't have any nice shirts.

Also.....this guy who knows very little about efficiency in competition uses the ancient grip on a revolver and a grip suited specifically to the recoil impulse and control of a semi auto. Some day he may figure it out as well. He also wraps the support thumb with both snubs and very hard recoiling Magnums thinking for some weird reason that it will control revolver recoil better than his thumbs forward semi auto grip.....weird.
    Damn, I wonder how you survived on da screetz so long being so WRONG? 🤔
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Dagga Boy post #1 is the way we were taught to grip a revolver in the Academy about 1972.

I bet the "expert" has never noticed the black scorch marks on every barricade from 4' to 5' on every cop/PPC range I've ever been on. I wonder what put those scorch marks there?

User Tag List