Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter at El Paso Walmart

CWM11B
    This is going to be controversial, but the punishment for this type of behavior needs to be public and painful. Very painful. The US Navy flogged sailors for relatively minor offenses up untill 1862. A good set of lashes in the public square with the attendant screaming might just give others pause before considering this kind of behavior. And after the modern version of the bosun' of old "lays them on thick", a lingering death on the gallows after a "short drop" ought to seal the deal on not being a murderous asshole for those in the crowd considering it. If not, well, rinse and repeat until the message is received and understood.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Have you ever fired a rifle in a confined space like a building ? It is LOUD and can be a bit disorienting. One of the reason you see tactical teams wearing integrated electronic ear pro/ comms is the ear pro.

Along those lines there is some anecdotal evidence people shoot suppressed weapons better because they don’t have to deal with the blast.
    I fully understand the affects of firing a weapon in buildings, cars, and other confined spaces. Again, it seems off the charts odd to see a criminal showing concern for their hearing before carrying out an attack of this nature.

I think what HCM is saying is that the shooter may have been more concerned with remaining as combat effective as he could be than he was with preserving his hearing. If he fired his own rifle and the concussion disoriented him, it would have been easier for a potential victim to disarm him.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

20 now

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Slowly lower this POS into a wood chipper in the parking lot of the same Walmart.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I feel horrible for the victims of this.

This is a serious shit show. I am very interested to hearing real details. He looks like Joe Schmo with hearing protection on. Did he have spare mags? Any other weapons? How was this one jackass able to walk around and do so much damage. Then simply just be handcuffed? He had to have just laid down when he was done and waited for the leo to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It has been reported that the shooter fired until he was out of ammunition and then calmly waited to be apprehended by LE.

Not to get out the tinfoil, but this one has a lot of unusual aspects, the hearing and eye protection, a written manifesto on Hispanic invasion of the USA, and being taken alive after being described as "angry" during the actual shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I think what HCM is saying is that the shooter may have been more concerned with remaining as combat effective as he could be than he was with preserving his hearing. If he fired his own rifle and the concussion disoriented him, it would have been easier for a potential victim to disarm him.
    This.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Texas is the most prolific practitioner of the death penalty in the US and even here I don’t see them getting a needle in this guy in less than 3 to 5 years.
    This right here is the big problem of our Criminal Justice System. Guys like the perp in El Paso and the guy at Marjory Stoneman need a fast track to a firing squad or electric chair.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    It has been reported that the shooter fired until he was out of ammunition and then calmly waited to be apprehended by LE.

Not to get out the tinfoil, but this one has a lot of unusual aspects, the hearing and eye protection, a written manifesto on Hispanic invasion of the USA, and being taken alive after being described as "angry" during the actual shooting.
    No tinfoil. Look at the similarities between this guy and the NZ shooter. Paraphrase the NZ manifesto (which he references) and substitute Hispanics for Muslims.

The guy apparently lives with mommy, is underplayed and posted on LinkedIn that he spent 8 hours or more per day on his computer. He apparently researched enough to talk about using a particular type of 7.62 ammunition for enhanced terminal effects.

There are reports of him shouting “Gamers Rise Up” during the shooting. Guy sounds like an INCEL.

Site Supporter
    There will be little justice for his victims in this life. We can only hope he pays in the next life.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish they’d hang this evil vile piece of crap from a crane.

User Tag List