Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter at El Paso Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post

Now... why El Paso?
    That's a long ass drive just to shoot up a place you randomly picked because you were hungry.
    Could be something funky... or could be just as simple as "losers gonna loser..."
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Could be something funky... or could be just as simple as "losers gonna loser..."
    How many losers jump in the car for a 9 1/2 hour road trip in order to do loser things?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

nevermind...
    Last edited by blues; 08-06-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

How many losers jump in the car for a 9 1/2 hour road trip in order to do loser things?
    (ETA: you must not know very many bank VPs and real estate sales dudes in their late 50s who own new Harley-Davidsons and $295 riding chaps... )

Man, I dunno... but if there is one thing we’ve all learned around here, it’s that there’s no telling how criminals think.

Recently posted quote from ‘breaking bad:’ "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by too much meth."

Note: I’m not advocating any probability, just the possibility.

I mean, who knows what that f*ck was thinking? He could have been dumped by a girl from El paso back in middle school, for all the sense any of this makes.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-06-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I’m with questioning why he landed where he did as well. If he was of right mind as we are being told. Then that means he coldly planned this out. Therefor you would think he had a reason for everything he did. Wearing ear pro etc. Had he previously did recon around Texas to find the right spot? Did he have a accomplice to help plan when and where? And why would you go somewhere and kill Americans if supposedly you are against the invasion of illegals and want them to die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A Walmart is a softer target.

It seems the targeted Walmart primarily serves Ft Bliss soldiers and day trip shoppers from Mexico, both groups unlikely to be armed.
    Can't argue with that. Last time I was stuck at Bliss I ended up shopping there once or twice.

Former astronaut Lisa Nowak for one.

Nowak's law: a weak corollary to Godwin's law, but still astronaut diapers will appear around page 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

Recently posted quote from ‘breaking bad:’ "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by too much meth."
    In the interest of honesty, the quote was a paraphrase of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor. My attribution to Walter White was just to be funny.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...research-shows

Interesting article on how these events trigger each other.

“...That's no surprise, say scientists who study mass shootings. Research shows that these incidents usually occur in clusters and tend to be contagious. Intensive media coverage seems to drive the contagion, the researchers say.”

User Tag List