Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter at El Paso Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I think we are supposed to go there for this religious discussion and return this one to the El Paso incident. If you are not a site supporter to see the new thread - well, get on board. It is not expensive.
    I get that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Trump will have a formal statement about the recent shootings tommorrow at 10am, article at zerohedge, says Trump said " Perhaps, more needs to be done with respect to gun control" at a short Q&A session as he was getting on his plane.. So, there it is..

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    Regardless, any active killer scenario is a tragedy that should remind all of us how quickly someone intent on doing harm can significantly impact us and our communities regardless of where we are or what we are doing.
    I'll admit that I never had a very high opinion of El Paso in general, let alone the Cielo Vista area. While it may very well be the largest shopping area in the city, I never saw that many customers or much in the way of business outside of the usual Dillards/Sears/Macy's/JCPenneys models which all suffer through the same brick-and-mortar problems in the age of online retail and food delivery. I certainly never saw any police in there. The closest comparison I can make are the Westcor malls here in Arizona, which looked and felt about the same to me.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...60/1063967001/

Part of this was due to the nature of Fort Bliss being an open post, especially after their transition away from being a sleepy TRADOC place for air defense artillery and joint forces training with the Germans and Japanese -- two of the biggest reasons I had to go into town were Buffalo Wild Wings and Texas Roadhouse, and they both ended up being built by the Class 6 along with a new movie theater and cigar shop, SmashBurger, etc. etc. The only exceptions to that were the Great American Land & Cattle Co, and the steakhouse at Cattleman's Ranch, which aren't close to where the shooting took place.

The adjacent Wal-Mart was my third biggest reason for going off-post; due to the commissary always closing pretty early and the nature of rotating between day/swing/mid shifts, they were sometimes the best option I had to buy groceries for myself or someone else's dependents. That said, while I was a concealed carrier prior to enlistment, my mindset back then was very different compared to now and even if we didn't have to talk about this shooting happening, I am certain that my day-to-day would have been a lot different. Frankly speaking, even Fort Bliss/Biggs Airfield itself might be a little safer but definitely not all that secure, and for some folks that was why the Fort Hood shooting didn't come off as a surprise that it could happen.

My paraphrasing of John Johnston's take is that the more a student develops themselves as a self-defender in skills training and equipment choices, they are increasingly less likely to ever have to use them in the first place/again. This doesn't necessarily contradict what he refers to as a 'sentinel event.'

http://ballisticradio.com/2014/09/16...entinel-event/

Anyway, the truth of this terrible matter as it relates to me is that if it had taken place less than ten years earlier, there was a pretty good chance that my name would be on the list of victims killed, not necessarily because I would have been very unlikely to have the tools that I preferred, but at the very least because I hadn't even played out the possibilities in my head of what could happen and what I could do.

Also, it turns out there was at least one concealed carrier there, who is also a veteran.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-massacre.html

~~~

"When he emerged in the parking lot, Oakley said he was confronted by an on-scene officer who wasn't sure if Oakley, who was armed, was a potential victim or if he was the shooter, who hadn't yet been identified.

'When I got out, I guess one of the cops thought I was the shooter or something,' Oakley said. 'So I had to show 'em my clip and stuff, show 'em I had my license to carry. He said I was fine.'

Oakley, who was visibly shaken while being interviewed in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, said his own life wasn't his main concern when gunshots rang out.

'I was just so worried about those kids man. I'm just worried about those kids. I wasn't really worried about myself. I just hope those kids are alright.'

Many on social media commended Oakley for his apparent bravery during the deadly rampage. "
    Last edited by Yung; 08-04-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    ... but Trump will have a formal statement...
    I’ve beat the horse on this but it bears repeating:

Trump is blowhard narcissist who will do whatever act(s) to get himself in the history books. He would happily propose an AWB and/or anti-2A executive orders if he feels that is the path of glory. The GOP will support whatever he does regardless and the Dems would never object to anti-gun legislation.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’ve beat the horse on this but it bears repeating:

Trump is blowhard narcissist who will do whatever act(s) to get himself in the history books. He would happily propose an AWB and/or anti-2A executive orders if he feels that is the path of glory. The GOP will support whatever he does regardless and the Dems would never object to anti-gun legislation.
    I don't know what Trump will, or will not do..I think at a minium, there's going to be a mag ban.. Myself, I'm going up to my LGS tommorrow, and see if the have any 30rnd mags for my Scorpion, if I can get at least three, I'll be good..

So the NRA is in full on self destruct mode and Trump is making a statement about gun control.

Super.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what Trump will, or will not do..I think at a minium, there's going to be a mag ban.. Myself, I'm going up to my LGS tommorrow, and see if the have any 30rnd mags for my Scorpion, if I can get at least three, I'll be good..
    Assuming any future legislation has a grandfather clause included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Assuming any future legislation has a grandfather clause included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And if it doesn’t ?

Show of hands who plans on lining up to hand over your evil 30 rounders......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Obvious point: Pay in cash.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Trump will have a formal statement about the recent shootings tommorrow at 10am, article at zerohedge, says Trump said " Perhaps, more needs to be done with respect to gun control" at a short Q&A session as he was getting on his plane.. So, there it is..
    That’ll last until it get pointed out to Trump that if significant numbers of his base decline to vote because he’s supporting gun control, he could end up sharing living quarters with Jeff Epstein.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List