Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Picture YOU'VE TAKEN Thread

This fox plus a mate and a baby are living somewhere around my neighbor's pool shed. It is not quite pool season here yet, not sure how it will play out when the weather warms up. They are not particularly afraid of humans, although the noise of my lawnmower caused what I believe was a disapproving glare.

Name:  Fox3.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  75.9 KB

It's been a week since the last post here. If you guys don't want to see more snake pics, someone else needs to post! ;-)

Diamondback Rattlesnake:

Name:  Me_Cowboy_Rattlesnake.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  94.8 KB

Name:  306F735F-CA7E-4D69-869C-A357F91A9DEB.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  100.5 KB

Just a sunrise as viewed from my front yard one morning as I was heading in to work a little later than usual.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 05-20-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Attachment 71399

Baby Swallowtail Butterfly, showing his rear end.

Yes, the south end of a Swallowtail Caterpillar looks like the north end of a snake.
    That is FASCINATING! Never heard of such a thing and immediately Googled it. Saw some great pics of more of them, in all kinds of colors. Then I looked up the swallowtail butterflies, they are very beautiful. Thanks for this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That is FASCINATING! Never heard of such a thing and immediately Googled it. Saw some great pics of more of them, in all kinds of colors. Then I looked up the swallowtail butterflies, they are very beautiful. Thanks for this post!
    He is getting bigger, and brighter green. He is living on a potted Red Bay tree. We bring the tree inside, each night, so the mosquito spraying service doesn’t zap him.

Name:  6226BB08-0D4E-42B3-924E-45B0B4FA780C.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  37.7 KB
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Monarch caterpillar. They hide underneath the milkweed leaves, much of the time, so lessen the chance of a wasp or bird seeing them.

Name:  9F9A5668-264B-45AD-ADAB-DF03BE00C967.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  40.3 KB

Don’t tread on volcanos!

He is getting bigger, and brighter green. He is living on a potted Red Bay tree. We bring the tree inside, each night, so the mosquito spraying service doesn’t zap him.

Name:  6226BB08-0D4E-42B3-924E-45B0B4FA780C.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  37.7 KB
    Thanks for the photos. The progression is interesting to see.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Monarch caterpillar. They hide underneath the milkweed leaves, much of the time, so lessen the chance of a wasp or bird seeing them.

Name:  9F9A5668-264B-45AD-ADAB-DF03BE00C967.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  40.3 KB
    Love it! My daughter and I grow a monarch in a jar every year and we talk about the different stages of life. Its a fun little tradition and she loves it.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    I've recently posted photos of some large-caliber rifles and machine guns, so it occurred to me that some people may be wondering what we're shooting at. These photos are from a charity event I helped organize to benefit a 2A organization. The car was donated because it would cost too much to repair, but the story so incensed some Porsche fans that it caused quite a stir on the Internet for a while.
    I mean, I know it's "just" a 996, which is arguably the least valuable/least desirable 911, but that still hurts to look at. Even if it would have cost too much to fix, there were presumably a lot of good/valuable parts on the car that could have been harvested to help other cars live longer before riddling the shell with holes. If nothing else, the wheels look to have been in good shape, and those are $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Thanks for the photos. The progression is interesting to see.
    He hides in his little leafy “hammock” so much of the time. I keep hoping to catch him in the open, eating the other leaves.

Edited to add: He does not eat his “hammock” leaf. He does not eat the new-growth leaves, but lets them mature. He is a good “steward” of his environment.
    Last edited by Rex G; 05-22-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List