Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: US Secret Service Adopts Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 in 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    LTT Beretta.
    To my knowledge, the Beretta factory LTT model doesn’t include the Langdon trigger job.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    To my knowledge, the Beretta factory LTT model doesn’t include the Langdon trigger job.
    It's not just triggers. The mag release, D hammer spring, skeleton hammer, FCS, vz grips are all stuff that you couldn't put on a regular 92FS and still get it approved. Even if they are Beretta parts they have to come on the gun from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    It's not just triggers. The mag release, D hammer spring, skeleton hammer, FCS, vz grips are all stuff that you couldn't put on a regular 92FS and still get it approved. Even if they are Beretta parts they have to come on the gun from the factory.
    Gotcha; fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersTheCat View Post
    The guy making these decisions is a dyed in the wool gun nut.

He's also responsible for moving to SR16s for CAT and ditching the P90. I've met him on several occasions and he's the real deal
    Have their been a statistically significant number of shootings with the P90 by USSS and others? If so, has the 5.7x28mm turned out to be the Epic Fail I suspected it would be?

When I left the cop-shop in 2002, I was on a committee that was tasked with revamping All The Guns on our PD. Anything was on the table. We had a guy that was advocating for the P90, but fortunately the Lt. in charge said "sounds like a really expensive .22 Magnum to me."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Have their been a statistically significant number of shootings with the P90 by USSS and others? If so, has the 5.7x28mm turned out to be the Epic Fail I suspected it would be?

When I left the cop-shop in 2002, I was on a committee that was tasked with revamping All The Guns on our PD. Anything was on the table. We had a guy that was advocating for the P90, but fortunately the Lt. in charge said "sounds like a really expensive .22 Magnum to me."
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....7-mm-HK-4-6-mm

Derp.

Thank you!
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter

USSS might have had one back in the 1990s. US FPS had them too but I don’t know if they ever had a shooting with one. They saw a lot more use with the Jacksonville FL and San Antonio TX SWAT teams. The results in actual use were very poor.

The P90 does what it was designed to do. Be a get out of trouble gun for support troops facing enemies with flak jackets / soft body armor. As such it is more of a military “get out of trouble gun” rather than a “go looking for trouble gun.”

It is PDW easier to shoot than a pistol with the ability to penetrate soft body armor lacking in 9mm SMG. Not much LE application.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-07-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    USSS might have had one back in the 1990s. US FPS had them too but I don’t know if they ever had a shooting with one. They saw a lot more use with the Jacksonville FL and San Antonio TX SWAT teams. The results in actual use were very poor.
    I guess just about anything will work if you do a mag dump into the thorax, but man that's hard to explain.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    I guess just about anything will work if you do a mag dump into the thorax, but man that's hard to explain.

Thanks.
    Yup. 50 round mag but it’s really a two bad guy gun.

I believe the USSS guys who had them got them in the 1990s specifically to provide soft body armor penetration their MP5s lacked. The SR-16 the use now is better in every way.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-07-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Have their been a statistically significant number of shootings with the P90 by USSS and others?
    I recall a hostage rescue unit, either in South or Central America used them to effect a rescue. No idea how many times the shot the hostage taker.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List