Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: US Secret Service Adopts Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 in 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Have their been a statistically significant number of shootings with the P90 by USSS and others? If so, has the 5.7x28mm turned out to be the Epic Fail I suspected it would be?

When I left the cop-shop in 2002, I was on a committee that was tasked with revamping All The Guns on our PD. Anything was on the table. We had a guy that was advocating for the P90, but fortunately the Lt. in charge said "sounds like a really expensive .22 Magnum to me."
    Not that I am aware of. I'm not aware of any shootings with the P90 by USSS. But ballistics testing, and commonality of arms played a larger role in the switch

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yup. 50 round mag but it’s really a two bad guy gun.

I believe the USSS guys who had them got them in the 1990s specifically to provide soft body armor penetration their MP5s lacked. The SR-16 the use now is better in every way.
    This.

And before that it was Uzis. MP5 was better than an Uzi at the time. SR16 is better than all three.

Have their been a statistically significant number of shootings with the P90 by USSS and others? If so, has the 5.7x28mm turned out to be the Epic Fail I suspected it would be?

When I left the cop-shop in 2002, I was on a committee that was tasked with revamping All The Guns on our PD. Anything was on the table. We had a guy that was advocating for the P90, but fortunately the Lt. in charge said "sounds like a really expensive .22 Magnum to me."
    I always thought one would make a great prairie dog gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I recall a hostage rescue unit, either in South or Central America used them to effect a rescue. No idea how many times the shot the hostage taker.
    I wonder if you are thinking of Operation Chavín de Huántar, when the Peruvian military stormed the Japanese embassy because some terrorist had taken it over.

IIRC, all the terrorists died, which was the expected outcome, but the rules were a little different than they would be for the average cop shop here in the US.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I recall a hostage rescue unit, either in South or Central America used them to effect a rescue. No idea how many times the shot the hostage taker.
    Peruvian rescue of Japanese embassy. Alleged human rights violations from the number of times they had to shoot the bad guys.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I wonder if you are thinking of Operation Chavín de Huántar, when the Peruvian military stormed the Japanese embassy because some terrorist had taken it over.

IIRC, all the terrorists died, which was the expected outcome, but the rules were a little different than they would be for the average cop shop here in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Peruvian rescue of Japanese embassy. Alleged human rights violations from the number of times they had to shoot the bad guys.
    Thanks for filling in the memory.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

As best I know, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has had more real world uses of the P90 than anyone else. With disturbingly underwhelming results.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List