Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: US Secret Service Adopts Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 in 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    There is a surprising amount of misinformation still floating around regarding the XM17/MHS trials (and tribulations)...
    A military contracting process, filtered through the lens of the internet? Why the surprise, doc?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

For one thing, many of the issues have been touched on in public.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    From my personal experience with the USSS guys, they are always a step ahead of the curve and really understand hardware requirements.

Obviously someone with some understanding made this decision.
    The guy making these decisions is a dyed in the wool gun nut.

He's also responsible for moving to SR16s for CAT and ditching the P90. I've met him on several occasions and he's the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersTheCat View Post

He's also responsible for moving to SR16s for CAT and ditching the P90. I've met him on several occasions and he's the real deal
    The guy making the decision is the Director of the USSS.
    CAT never had FNP90’s.
    Last edited by DI1; 08-05-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    The guy making the decision is the Director of the USSS.
    CAT never had FNP90’s.
    Director approves data and recommendations from Beltsville.

Correct, ERT in UD did have P90s.

P90s also saw limited use within details

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersTheCat View Post

Yep, sr16's are an excellent choice.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    I was told by a USSS agent awhile back that they could carry anything as long as it was in the issue caliber. He was buying a GLOCK G33 at the time. Back in the day with the .38spl, J frames and Detective Specials were popular.
    Since 2015 you can carry anything in 9 or .357 sig made by an approved manufacturer (longish list with the usual suspects on it - glock sig h&k s&w etc). The pistol you choose must be completely stock (except for sights), inspected and approved by a Service armorer and unmodified after said inspection.

That said you can carry whatever you want under the auspices of a concealed carry permit and arguably even LEOSA but the above is what one has to do in order to carry off duty under statutory USSS authority (which is much broader than a concealed carry permit or LEOSA).

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Since 2015 you can carry anything in 9 or .357 sig made by an approved manufacturer (longish list with the usual suspects on it - glock sig h&k s&w etc). The pistol you choose must be completely stock (except for sights), inspected and approved by a Service armorer and unmodified after said inspection.

That said you can carry whatever you want under the auspices of a concealed carry permit and arguably even LEOSA but the above is what one has to do in order to carry off duty under statutory USSS authority (which is much broader than a concealed carry permit or LEOSA).
    Thats interesting. So you couldn't carry a pistol with a "Carry" trigger job by Burke / Grey Guns (who have affiliations with SIG), or Apex. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Thats interesting. So you couldn't carry a pistol with a "Carry" trigger job by Burke / Grey Guns (who have affiliations with SIG), or Apex. Interesting.
    Nope.

Frankly the Service is a very liability averse organization. That said, any pistol produced by an approved manufacturer that comes with (usually aftermarket) "go-fast" parts from the factory would be good to go, such as the Sig Legacy models (which iirc had triggers designed by GG?), a VTAC P320, or a LTT Beretta.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 08-06-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Sig Legacy
    Errrr, Legion
    Last edited by ChaseN; 08-06-2019 at 02:51 PM.

User Tag List