Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT Beretta 92 Optimized Performance Trigger Bar

Has anyone tried them in the new 92X guns. I understand that there should theoretically be no issues. I’ve g it a 92X compact inbound that will needs some LTT upgrades.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Has anyone tried them in the new 92X guns. I understand that there should theoretically be no issues. I’ve g it a 92X compact inbound that will needs some LTT upgrades.
    I installed the LTT performance Trigger bar in my 92x fullsize, works great, no fitting required. Nice short reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I installed the LTT performance trigger bar in my 92x fullsize. The trigger bar did not require any fitting. I also installed a 12lb hammer spring. I shot approximately 400 rounds of Blazer brass 124gr and 147gr without issues.

I didn't take any glamour shots while out at the range but this is an LTT frame with Vertec Inox slide, LTT TJIAB with 11# springs and factory threaded barrel. Suppressor is a Liberty Centurion (short 9mm setup). My brother was in town from South America and took him out to the farm between Warrenton and Culpeper, VA to shoot my transferable FNC and Howa AR180. I had the 92 already packed up from a shoot the weekend before out in the Shenandoah so brought it along. He's not a shooter so we gave some instruction on proper grip on the Beretta and stayed close on the F/A work. He did great.

The 92 with LTT TJIAB and suppressor was flawless. This kit had been in an M9A1 frame and worked great there but it would not work in this LTT frame. I swapped it with a few others and DA was never reliable so clearly a tolerance stacking issue on this particular LTT frame. I emailed with Aimee and she mentioned Ernest's fitting video. I pulled the trigger bar and stoned it quite a bit to get DA reliable (travel wasn't enough to reliably drop the hammer). Over 200rds in this new LTT frame and now it's GTG.

I have an NP3 TJIAB kit for the LTT Elite I need to install. I do want to get the other parts done in NP3 but with Robar closing, not sure that will happen now.

Last edited by PGT; 08-31-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

@PGT - awesome pictures, as usual.

With the 92X Performance coming out, could you share your shooting impressions of the 92 Stock and 92 Combats in your collection? Not much out there on the Beretta 92s with frame safeties from shooters - my impression is that collectors snapped these up and most are safe queens.

Apologies for the thread detour.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I shot one of my two 92 Combats (it belonged to Ernest whom I purchased it from). It's what you'd expect...SAO, short reset and a place for your thumb on top of the safety. Nothing special IMHO beyond the limited quantities made and interesting barrel bushing design. I also had a 185mm Competition Kit that lengthened the sight radius. Same deal but a bit awkward to shoot (big/tall sights take some getting used to).

I'm down to one 92 Combat now (unfired), some Centennials, two 92 Stocks and one nickel frankengun of a 96 Stock lower with 92 Steel-I upper (my favorite to shoot).

It really comes down to what LTT has fixed with the trigger bar and TJIAB kits. One 92 Stock has supposedly been worked over by AAGW but while crisp, still has the typical DA/SA long pull. The Centennial triggers are TERRIBLE. SAO but big wall to pull through. Wilson Combat did a trigger job on one while there for straightening the dust cover (not just an action tune) and Josh @ AAGW did the other. No question....Josh's work was much better. Might need to just add the LTT trigger bar on the latter to see how I like it.

I have three Elite II's....9x19, 9x21 and 357SIG. I need to order some LTT kits for them.....triggers as provided by BUSA are bone stock 92, despite the special nature of those guns.

Last edited by PGT; 08-31-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    It really comes down to what LTT has fixed with the trigger bar and TJIAB kits. One 92 Stock has supposedly been worked over by AAGW but while crisp, still has the typical DA/SA long pull. The Centennial triggers are TERRIBLE. SAO but big wall to pull through. Wilson Combat did a trigger job on one while there for straightening the dust cover (not just an action tune) and Josh @ AAGW did the other. No question....Josh's work was much better. Might need to just add the LTT trigger bar on the latter to see how I like it.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Where are you leaning on the 92X Performance? Part of me wants to give it a try, but the LTT trigger bar makes me wonder what I’d be getting out of it. On the other hand, given the rarity of frame mounted Berettas, the entry price is very reasonable.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Beretta worked the pivot points for super short reset. I was going to put a deposit on one but really don't like the finish I see in pictures. I'll probably wait until maybe seeing one in person and trying the trigger. I have so many frame safety guns already and I never warmed to the Vertec grip angle.

Has anyone had a chance to try both finishes on these side-by-side? With Robar scaling back their NP3 coatings, I'm trying to decide whether I should jump on one in NP3 now or if the Duralube finish is as good/better and something I can just snag later.

I installed one that came with a TJIAB in my 92X Compact and it would not cycle the trigger in DA or SA with the other TJIAB parts; it would drop the hammer in SA when paired with factory parts, but DA reset only occurred if I pushed the trigger all the way forward. Keep in mind, this gun went back to Beretta out of the box for a similar dead trigger with factory parts. It came back with no paperwork to describe what was fixed, but successfully cycled 100 rounds of AE with factory parts.

Since the 92X Compact had some issues out of the box, I really didn’t want to take a stone to the part. Thus, I simply swapped the Optimized Performance Trigger bar into 92A1 that already had a TJIAB, and it seems to cycle that trigger just fine. The 92X Compact with a TJIAB did fine when the standard trigger bar from the 92A1 was used. Thus, something about that particular Optimized Performance Trigger Bar didn’t like that particular 92X Beretta. I may by some more to see if I can find one that works in this gun’s TJIAB and put them in my other Berettas if they don’t work.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List