Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT Beretta 92 Optimized Performance Trigger Bar

LTT Beretta 92 Optimized Performance Trigger Bar

Installed the new Langdon Tactical Tech performance trigger bar last week in my 92A1 and test fired successfully with 50 rounds this morning. I was short on time unfortunately. Two words, “FREAKING AMAZING.” The trigger reset is super short, audible, tactile and as good as or better than any other trigger I’ve stroked. I have the LTT Trigger Job in a Bag installed and am running a silicon 12# hammer spring in the 92A1. Not sure if that is accentuating the results of the new performance trigger bar or not. It’s a “game changer” for the 92 series trigger. The 92 series is a very mature product so it kind of leaves me scratching my head wondering why it took so long.

Anyone else try one out? Results?

Here’s a link showing the trigger reset with the new LTT bar:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jDE6QAg2V/

Just be aware that the benefits derived from the new optimized LTT bar apply to DA/SA 92s, not DAO ones, as the improved reset applies to the SA portion of the triggerpull; I've confirmed this in conversations with Aimee and Ernest.

DAO users like myself are well served by the existing Wilson Combat triggerbar, or by this one too-but this new one won't provide any functional/reset improvements for DAO users other than the improved finish options if desired.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 08-01-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Installed the new Langdon Tactical Tech performance trigger bar last week in my 92A1 and test fired successfully with 50 rounds this morning. I was short on time unfortunately. Two words, “FREAKING AMAZING.” The trigger reset is super short, audible, tactile and as good as or better than any other trigger I’ve stroked. I have the LTT Trigger Job in a Bag installed and am running a silicon 12# hammer spring in the 92A1. Not sure if that is accentuating the results of the new performance trigger bar or not. It’s a “game changer” for the 92 series trigger. The 92 series is a very mature product so it kind of leaves me scratching my head wondering why it took so long.

Anyone else try one out? Results?

Here’s a link showing the trigger reset with the new LTT bar:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jDE6QAg2V/

I have about 250 rounds through my LTT Elite w/ TJIAB using the new LTT trigger bar. No issues with install. Dropped right in. Mine is the Duralube finish version. No reliability issues so far. It is very similar to the Wilson trigger bar in feel. DA pull travel distance is very slightly increased over OEM. Overtravel is reduced. However, the reset is much shorter than the OEM and WC trigger bars. Overall, I think that this is probably a small upgrade from the Wilson trigger bar because of the slick Duralube finish and shorter reset.
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 08-01-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Just be aware that the benefits derived from the new optimized LTT bar apply to DA/SA 92s, not DAO ones, as the improved reset applies to the SA portion of the triggerpull; I've confirmed this in conversations with Aimee and Ernest.

DAO users like myself are well served by the existing Wilson Combat triggerbar, or by this one too-but this new one won't provide any functional/reset improvements for DAO users other than the improved finish options if desired.

Best, Jon
    Come to think of it, considering how the short reset is achieved, using this bar on a DAO model could be a safety concern with hammer fallow.

@LangdonTactical

Put one in my LTT Elite and no problem. Put one in my Wilson Centec and have the DA problem, if pulling to the left or pushing to the left (depending on which hand one shoots with).

Is there a grit you recommend to stone with? Is there a particular area of the overtravel stop, I should focus on?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    @LangdonTactical

Put one in my LTT Elite and no problem. Put one in my Wilson Centec and have the DA problem, if pulling to the left or pushing to the left (depending on which hand one shoots with).

Is there a grit you recommend to stone with? Is there a particular area of the overtravel stop, I should focus on?

More info.
    I think I determined part or most of the issue. On the Wilson guns, there is a trigger stop. I took a 1000 grit diamond "stone" and took off a bit on the trigger bar, and it works. I can still get it to fail, by going slowly (and shooting like a lefty), but I have to try. I think with a normal or short reach trigger, without that stop, there wouldn't be an issue.

Going to check with a friend who swapped a SRT into his LTT Elite, due to fingers and see if he still has/will sell me that trigger. Then I will have to try both. Otherwise, this may end up with the SRT I have, just so the lefties in the family, don't have that issue.

Speed bump trigger

Back in the day over travel was reduced by installing a Speed Bump trigger. You can see here the added nub which one would file or stone to get reduced over travel while still having gun that would fire.
    Speed Bump trigger by craig stuard, on Flickr
    I had this in my EII for many years until I installed my first LTT TJIB. This trigger combined w/ the Wilson trigger bar kept it from firing, so I quickly installed a stock Beretta OEM steel trigger. I guess I have been lucky in that I have installed TJIBs in both our EIIs, my M9A1, and my 92G and they have all been drop in installs. This week I installed an NP3 LTT bar in my M9A1 and a black LTT bar in my wife's EII. They have all been dropins also. Today, I shot a local IDPA match w/ the M9A1 w/ LTT bar and I am quite happy w/ it. The reset is much shorter than w/ the Wilson bar. I only shot 60 rnds testing it yesterday and I was actually concerned that I might have an AD just because I wasn't used to it. No problem at all. I can't measure it but I feel it has made it just a bit easier to make accurate shots.

I received my LTT np3 optimized performance trigger bar today and just completed install it on my 92 elite LTT with trigger job and preformed the function check and it passed with flying colors.
    Great single action reset

Mine shipped today, so I'm eager to try it out. I'll post results. Comes on Tuesday. My trigger set up is otherwise stock with a 16# WC hammer spring.

Btw, long time lurker, first time poster. Glad to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Number0neGun View Post
    Mine shipped today, so I'm eager to try it out. I'll post results. Comes on Tuesday. My trigger set up is otherwise stock with a 16# WC hammer spring.

Btw, long time lurker, first time poster. Glad to be here.
    Looking forward to seeing your results with a close to stock trigger.

User Tag List