Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: LTT Beretta 92 Optimized Performance Trigger Bar

I had the exact same issue with my TJIAB on an LTT frame. I had a second LTT frame to swap between and it worked fine in that. So, what you're seeing is tolerance stacking and how a generic trigger job can't be 100% perfect. With some feedback from LTT over email, I watched Ernie's video about how to stone the top of the hammer bar and mine's perfect now.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Is the LTT trigger made from a factory trigger bar? If so does that make it USPSA production legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    Is the LTT trigger made from a factory trigger bar? If so does that make it USPSA production legal?
    This is a big question... There precedent in USPSA is that if the external portion of a "trigger" component matches the outward appearance of the OEM unit, it is generally ok. I think an LTT enhanced trigger bar would be ok for production. (In IPSC, it would be a no-go).

For more reading (I'm sorry to send you here, but it illustrates the confusing mess that production is in now...)
    http://www.doodieproject.com/index.p...-the-rulebook/

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    I had the exact same issue with my TJIAB on an LTT frame. I had a second LTT frame to swap between and it worked fine in that. So, what you're seeing is tolerance stacking and how a generic trigger job can't be 100% perfect. With some feedback from LTT over email, I watched Ernie's video about how to stone the top of the hammer bar and mine's perfect now.
    I had a few extra minutes today and took the 92A1 with a TJIAB + Optimized Performance Trigger Bar to the range. It cycled 50 rounds oh Blazer Brass without issue. Reset is slightly longer than, but comparable to a SRT-equipped Sig.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    This is a big question... There precedent in USPSA is that if the external portion of a "trigger" component matches the outward appearance of the OEM unit, it is generally ok. I think an LTT enhanced trigger bar would be ok for production. (In IPSC, it would be a no-go).

For more reading (I'm sorry to send you here, but it illustrates the confusing mess that production is in now...)
    Yeah. That doodie thread...I think I’m even more confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

All that went out the window with the 2019 rulebook revision.

All aftermarket triggers and trigger components are legal in production now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
    All that went out the window with the 2019 rulebook revision.

All aftermarket triggers and trigger components are legal in production now.

I did not see trigger bar listed, however.

I did not see trigger bar listed, however.

I think a fair argument puts trigger bars under "triggers" for the purposes of that rule.

If you're worried about it, send a quick email to DNROI to verify.

Not much point to it right now. The 92X I planned on putting it on is still not on the production list. Also, I can’t even find a holster for it yet. JMCK is working on getting one available.

Site Supporter
    Not much point to it right now. The 92X I planned on putting it on is still not on the production list. Also, I can’t even find a holster for it yet. JMCK is working on getting one available.
    Standard (non Performance) 92X Pistols fit in M9A3 holsters.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List