Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High ride owb holsters???

High ride owb holsters???

Does anyone have any suggestions for a high riding owb holster? I am thinking of trying owb carry for riding my Harley. Someone suggested it and if I can find a good holster I am open to the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a high riding owb holster? I am thinking of trying owb carry for riding my Harley. Someone suggested it and if I can find a good holster I am open to the idea.

Be careful that it doesn't cause shoulder or wrist issues to draw from that position. What was once comfortable for me a few decades ago is now very much not in that particular regard.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My old joints don't care for a canted high ride OWB, much prefer a vertical zero cant style OWB holster. Mitch Rosen's Upper Limit is a favorite.

What pistol do yo plan to carry? There are a number of different high ride holster designs. Some work better than others IMO. For, example, the Sparks TK61 works well with a 5" 1911, the Rosen UL, not so much, but is fine for a S&W Shield.

I have a g19 RDS. I prefer kydex but am open to other options. I agree with the draw and uncomfortableness of a high ride. My primary carry is iwb. But I am in NEED of a high ride for concealment while riding. I often ride with only a T-shirt. But can just wear a unbuttoned over shirt if need be.

I have a g19 RDS. I prefer kydex but am open to other options. I agree with the draw and uncomfortableness of a high ride. My primary carry is iwb. But I am in NEED of a high ride for concealment while riding. I often ride with only a T-shirt. But can just wear a unbuttoned over shirt if need be.

If it hurts, you might consider cross draw. I've never done it but it might be an option open to you in those circumstances.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Raven Phantom.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Personally, I am a leather guy, so I am not up to speed on any high ride kydex offerings. I can't think of any standard leather high ride holsters available for a G19 with RDS. So, would likely need to be custom. Since the G19 is butt heavy, a really high ride holster will cause the center of mass to be way above the belt line, and there will be a tendency for the pistol to want to tip outward, away from the body. A really stiff belt would also be needed to resist the torque caused by the tendency to tip outward. As Blues mentioned, cross draw may be another option.
    Last edited by muzzleblast; 08-02-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Mitch Rosen's Upper Limit. His Sport holster might also suit you. Not sure if he makes them to fit guns with RDS.
    Dale Fricke's Gideon Elite. Definitely makes them to fit guns with RDS.
    Last edited by LtDave; 08-02-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Trukinip13, we can make our OWB1 or OWB2 holsters ride as high or low as you want!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List