Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Press from Dillon--XL750

New Press from Dillon--XL750

There's some hubbub on a couple forums about this new press. Little seems to be known about it at this point.

It appears to be really nothing more than a refresh of the 650 with a change in priming system being the most obvious. I know some people have popped primers using the 650 system. I assume that's not a fun experience...

Anyway, from what I can gather, that's really the only change. The new press will use 650 shell plates, tool heads, etc.

Personally I think I would have liked something with an extra die station. This would make it quite a bit easier to use a bullet feeder and still run a crimp die.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl75...8_1_26745.html

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That priming system looks reminiscent of the SDB system, which works but requires quite a bit more maintenance than the 650 System IMHO.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I’ve had a 650 for 20 years and popped primers is not something I’ve experienced.

Cranked out 2000 rounds of 230 gr. Ball last weekend.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I’ve had a 650 for 20 years and popped primers is not something I’ve experienced.
    I assume the change(s) are more than just for safety. Hopefully the new priming system won't discard a primer if no case is present. It would also be nice if the press is ready to roll with just one cycle of the press handle and not seven as required when starting from empty.

It looks like the 550 priming mechanism which I don't think is nearly as nice as the rotary mechanism in the 650.

I have both machines and I have to remember to clean the primer holder in the 550 on a regular basis.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

At the bottom of the page where it shows all machines, there is no price for the 650. On the 650 page is says, "Call regarding ordering. Do not order online."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    At the bottom of the page where it shows all machines, there is no price for the 650. On the 650 page is says, "Call regarding ordering. Do not order online."
    Anyone wanting a 650 can probably get one on "closeout" from a stocking dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyone wanting a 650 can probably get one on "closeout" from a stocking dealer.

Anybody got any leads on some good dealers? I’ve got a couple of CZs I need to sell so I can buy a press anywho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Anybody got any leads on some good dealers? I’ve got a couple of CZs I need to sell so I can buy a press anywho.
    http://brianenos.com?
    David S.

So in on this.
    #RESIST

User Tag List