Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Press from Dillon--XL750

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Or by a 1050 to crank out 9mm and use the 650 for everything else.
    Maybe I don't have the problem I think I have!

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    And that right there is why I haven’t bought a reloading press already, the cost of 9mm practice ammo. Crunching the numbers on reloading costs (if I have to buy brass as well) I can reload 9mm for $0.01 less than buying a case of 124gr Blazer Brass. If I can salvage brass for free, then it’s worth it.

.38 Spcl wadcutters are a totally different ballgame where there’s tons of savings and I almost have a hard time NOT saving all the brass. So yeah, that’d be most likely where I start my reloading experience. Being able to flip and do 9mm on the side would be a bonus until I’m at a such a point in volume with 9mm that it doesn’t make sense to not reload for it.

I’ve heard that about the Lee dies and would totally be down for just getting those.
    Lee dies can be improved by getting rid of their non-locking locking rings. On a progressive that won't be such a big deal. If you get Lee and want some factory RCBS rings I'll send you some.

I've finally gotten down to just under cents a piece on 9mm, but that's buying at least 5000 primers, 15# of powder, and 4000 bullets at a time. Powder cost is next to nothing per round, brass cost is zero.

You'll be in the money on day one with .38, because you can load them just as cheaply as 9mm.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Lee dies can be improved by getting rid of their non-locking locking rings.
    I like Lee's locking rings. No allen screw or pliers needed to get them tight against the tool head.

On a related note; Titan Reloading is running a special on the Dillon XL750 along with a couple other Dillon presses:

https://www.titanreloading.com/dillon-daze-sale

I ordered a 750 from Titan. I thought the deal was for the 650. Maybe it was changed recently

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like Lee's locking rings. No allen screw or pliers needed to get them tight against the tool head.
    To each his own. When I unscrew a seating die I don't want the ring to move.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I ordered a 750 from Titan. I thought the deal was for the 650. Maybe it was changed recently
    Any ETA on the new press?

I like my 650 but am not married to it. If the 750 doesn't have any major teething problems I'll probably get one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I called Dillon and they're already shipping them. Titan says it's out of stock but they get shipments every week

Lee dies can be improved by getting rid of their non-locking locking rings. On a progressive that won't be such a big deal.
    I snag the 1" Dillon locking rings, judging from the bag full of other nuts I have saved I must have quite a few.

Also, I never had much success with their wrench and bought one of these:
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-1-in...Wrench/3388704
    and it was $19 well spent. The box end being 12 point works pretty well, and the powder measure it always out front and the open end sneaks in well enough. When I bought it I planned to cut it in half and plastic dip the ends. I never did, and it works well enough the way it is.

Here is an option for lock rings. Never tried one but have been tempted to buy one.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F233305561059

One of the things I like better on the Hornady LNL is the bigger diameter of the tool head. It allows a bit more room for fingers and/or wrenches. But don't get me started on the stupid die bushings...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

To each his own. When I unscrew a seating die I don't want the ring to move.
    These might be a good alternative if you don't like the Lee. I haven't used these personally.

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/st...ading-die-nut/

I am mostly interested in the swage hold down rod. I'm currently using the one from Mighty Armory and get the occasion dented case mouth when processing 223.

User Tag List