Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience w/ RUGER AR-556?

Anyone have experience w/ RUGER AR-556?

My spouse is really enjoying 300blk, wanted to see if anyone had experience and was enjoying the ruger AR-556, seems to have a good price, looks good, but compared to say PSA or just building a aero precision with a existing lower... house

My buddy got this one

https://ruger.com/products/ar556MPR/...eets/8514.html

And it seems like a smoking deal. It has been shooting well (with 77g) and it was only like $675

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    https://ruger.com/products/ar556MPR/...eets/8514.html

And it seems like a smoking deal. It has been shooting well (with 77g) and it was only like $675
    I don't have experience personally, but from what I can tell I believe them to be a solid value for an entry level AR.

I have been considering one of these for myself as a backup when funds allowed for it, they pretty much tick off every box of what I like to see in an AR that is geared for general usage...

-MLOK Free Float 15" Rail
    -Rifle Length Gas System (Reliable and soft)
    -Magpul furniture
    -1:8" Barrel
    -Two Stage 4.5lb Trigger
    -Milspec Bolt, Staked Gas Key
    -Bonus, Ruger Customer Service is exceptional should you have an issue

I'd buy one here if it were me... $560 Shipped

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...in-30rd-black/
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 07-31-2019 at 11:51 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My understanding is that the Sutherland Springs shooter used one, and as heroic as the people who ultimately stopped him were, the actual reason he stopped firing at the church was that it jammed, so he started to run away and was intercepted as he reached his vehicle.

Sample size of N=1 and all...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    My understanding is that the Sutherland Springs shooter used one, and as heroic as the people who ultimately stopped him were, the actual reason he stopped firing at the church was that it jammed, so he started to run away and was intercepted as he reached his vehicle.

Sample size of N=1 and all...
    Thanks but I didn’t want to know that...

Guns are cheap right now.

There’s no reason to buy a cheaper one. Stretch your dollars with a better brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Guns are cheap right now.

There’s no reason to buy a cheaper one. Stretch your dollars with a better brand.
    Absolutely. These are the days of $720 6920s, with Sionics and SOLGW just a bit over that. I’m not saying that everyone has to run out and buy a SR-15 (but with Brownells current 10% off, today wouldn’t necessarily be a bad day to do that) but there’s no real reason, in the current market,to buy ARs of questionable quality imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked for a NH based company (Green Mt. Rifle Barrel) that made thousands of Ruger barrels a week on the same machinery that was used to do barrels for BCM, Sig, and Colt before my employment stint. All barrels were button rifled, with each company specifying the steel used.
    While the chrome and parkerizing were not done in house, the reaming, rifling, and oven time were, which resulted in a very consistent product based on the manufacturers specs.
    It was interesting to learn the process.....length of raw bar stock to finished barrel.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    I worked for a NH based company (Green Mt. Rifle Barrel) that made thousands of Ruger barrels a week on the same machinery that was used to do barrels for BCM, Sig, and Colt before my employment stint. All barrels were button rifled, with each company specifying the steel used.
    While the chrome and parkerizing were not done in house, the reaming, rifling, and oven time were, which resulted in a very consistent product based on the manufacturers specs.
    It was interesting to learn the process.....length of raw bar stock to finished barrel.
    This is excellent, because in the world of AR... very little is made in house with many companies in the game. A lot of them are using the same suppliers for barrels, receivers, small parts, etc. The only makers I know of that do a lot in house are Primary Weapon Systems, LWRC & likely BCM.

So the budget she has set is $700, for the gun, so I can get a aero or use my existing lower and finish building it for her or get the ruger, I just don’t want to have to fiddle with something she will only shoot every so often.

User Tag List