Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX: now with long slide, Centurion RDO, &c. Extended slide catch/mag release

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Slide release looks the same to me.
    It is the wide release you have been wanting. Significantly wider than the standard one.

I will endeavor to have them available separately as soon as I can.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    It is the wide release you have been wanting. Significantly wider than the standard one.

Thanks Eric, that definitely moves the ball down the field quite a ways. Do you happen to have a decent photo of it?

The .40 Market is essentially dead. As far as "NEW" .40s, obviously we will build what the market will bear. I'm not going to say that .40 is dead, but the actual sell through on .40 of any kind is negligible these days. Such that the business case for new .40s is very hard and every new SKU for .40 is a very tricky argument.

We will not be doing the recently released APX Variants in .40 at this time. That obviously may change in the future, as we have developed .40 for the APX platform, but right now, our focus is on 9MM.

Notably with the Secret Service killing .357, I believe that cartridge will be going the way of the .41AE soon, with .40 soon to follow.*

*To clarify, that is my belief.
    Definitely not happy to read this.

This isn’t the right thread for this, but is there ANY chance of the 92X line getting .40 guns? How about the Performance models?

I am glad to read this!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    Definitely not happy to read this.

This isn’t the right thread for this, but is there ANY chance of the 92X line getting .40 guns? How about the Performance models?

I am glad to read this!
    Always a chance, Not right now though. The 96A1 is our .40 Offering.

It’s been in the works for a while. The hard part is keeping it from being too big, but still offering extra purchase.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Thanks Eric, that definitely moves the ball down the field quite a ways. Do you happen to have a decent photo of it?
    I can get one tomorrow.

Always a chance, Not right now though. The 96A1 is our .40 Offering.

It’s been in the works for a while. The hard part is keeping it from being too big, but still offering extra purchase.
    With the steel frame & Brig slide, the 92X Performance is begging for .40

What is a "pre-tensioned barrel" on a 9mm? I understand the term on rifles and .22 pistols, but not how it works on a short recoil auto.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Notably with the Secret Service killing .357, I believe that cartridge will be going the way of the .41AE soon, with .40 soon to follow.*
    Respectfully, to compare the .357 or the .40 to the .41AE is a huge stretch. The .41AE never had any wide spread adoption like the other cartridges. I understand the point though. The demand is dwindling, especially on the .357.

In my area, the .40 is still very popular with LE, with a few just recently updating their issue sidearms. I wonder if, ironically, down the road those that wish to stay .40 will be forced to go 9mm due to lack of availability of modern .40 offerings.

Per a discussion w/ my SIL officer and SWAT team member, .40 is definitely dieing. He is a solid 5'10" and maybe 180# and he doesn't even like shooting it. His chief is looking to switch from .40 to 9mm mainly so officers can qualify better. As most of us know the % of officers who are gun people is pretty small. His experience is that officers who don't shoot much do much worse qualifying w/ .40 compared to 9mm. His thought is that the extra snap that they know is coming, has them flinching etc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Respectfully, to compare the .357 or the .40 to the .41AE is a huge stretch. The .41AE never had any wide spread adoption like the other cartridges. I understand the point though. The demand is dwindling, especially on the .357.

In my area, the .40 is still very popular with LE, with a few just recently updating their issue sidearms. I wonder if, ironically, down the road those that wish to stay .40 will be forced to go 9mm due to lack of availability of modern .40 offerings.
    I don't disagree, but I do see it going away. It really is not a pleasant cartridge to shoot (.40S&W), and .357SIG, while a neat cartridge, is not that much better (I say this as the owner of two 8357 Cougars and a few 229s in .357 for giggles).

FWIW, if there is demand, the .40 will be available, but as of today, the demand does not justify it for most SKUs.

User Tag List