Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX: now with long slide, Centurion RDO, &c. Extended slide catch/mag release

Beretta APX: now with long slide, Centurion RDO, &c. Extended slide catch/mag release

Apparently Beretta is really pushing things with their APX line. As a Beretta fan, I can't help but be excited by some of this.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/07/29...rdo-fde-models

Apparently, without much fanfare, Beretta has added a long slide version of the APX and a number of other models. The long slide is interesting:

1. Fiber optic sight stock
    2. Lighter trigger stock
    3. Extended mag release
    4. Extended slide catch
    5. Accurized
    6. Red dot optic ready

I know some people were talking about this sort of stuff, and apparently it's now in the works and should be available soon.

The APX Target has a lot that I wanted from my Combat. Definitely looking forward to swapping some new parts in whenever they become available

The APX target looks interesting. Too bad they didn’t go out to 5”. Wonder if that’ll speed up the velocity. My standard APX runs a bit slow on velocity compared to some others.

Slide release looks the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Slide release looks the same to me.
    Hopefully the left side release is different.

I’m wondering if they’ll make production versions with the frame safety included.

Great additions to the line. I owned an APX compact once and liked it. traded it off in the end. I really think the APX is a great handgun though. That Centurian RDO has my interest.

Looks like these are already shipping and in the hands of customers. I'm interested to know how people like them. The Centurion RDO means that you effectively have a Compact RDO as well. And I've got a hankering for playing with the APX Target, personally.

maybe @e_stern can weigh in on whether we'll see any more .40 cal variants. I don't much care for it but I do like having .40 slides for using 357SIG barrels in just because I like oddball builds.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    maybe @e_stern can weigh in on whether we'll see any more .40 cal variants. I don't much care for it but I do like having .40 slides for using 357SIG barrels in just because I like oddball builds.

The .40 Market is essentially dead. As far as "NEW" .40s, obviously we will build what the market will bear. I'm not going to say that .40 is dead, but the actual sell through on .40 of any kind is negligible these days. Such that the business case for new .40s is very hard and every new SKU for .40 is a very tricky argument.

We will not be doing the recently released APX Variants in .40 at this time. That obviously may change in the future, as we have developed .40 for the APX platform, but right now, our focus is on 9MM.

Notably with the Secret Service killing .357, I believe that cartridge will be going the way of the .41AE soon, with .40 soon to follow.*

*To clarify, that is my belief.
    Last edited by e_stern; 08-08-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Notably with the Secret Service killing .357, I believe that cartridge will be going the way of the .41AE soon, with .40 soon to follow.*

I just like fireballs
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

User Tag List