Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Gen 5 G17 - 10,000 Round Review

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post

Stoppages:

- 2 Double feeds - I could never trace this down to one mag.
    - 5X gun locked back with rounds still in the mag. These mostly happened during aggressive movement and inadvertently pushing up on slide release. Has not happened since I cleaned under the slide release lever.
    - 4 X Light primer strikes - this has happened too many times over the last six months. I do a ton of dry practice so I worry I may have rounded the firing pin. I have a complete new firing pin assembly on order just to make sure.
    - 1X failure to feed - I hit the slide lock lever too early during a reload and the slide road over the round just as the mag locked in. My fault really.
    - Too numerous to mention - slide not locking back on an empty mag during aggressive movement.

Dual slide release leaver. See that black piece just below it? That’s a piece of the finish flaking off. I’m not too impressed with the finish on this part and to be honest. I also suspect the dual lever causes more problems than it solves (see malfunction report above).
    I agree that this part was designed poorly and is my only complaint with the gen5's. I modify the levers by bending them back in to sit more flush against the frame. From the factory they stick out about .020" farther than the prior gen slide release levers, and cause issues with anyone who uses a high/aggressive grip. I also adjusted my grip slightly to move my support hand slightly farther back on the grip so that my support hand thumb bridges over the slide release between my thumb knuckles. The base knuckle of my thumb used to contact the slide release lever, but it never caused any problems prior to the gen5's.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    That’s possible I guess. I buy AE by the 1000 lot from the same retailer. Let’s hope that is what it is, but I’m going to replace the striker just to make sure.
    CS,

Side-by-side pics of the original and new striker would be great if you could work that in. I really appreciate you taking the time to make this post as well.

Keith

Clobbersaurus,

What size Dawson Front are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    CS,

Side-by-side pics of the original and new striker would be great if you could work that in. I really appreciate you taking the time to make this post as well.

Keith
    Will do once it arrives.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Clobbersaurus,

What size Dawson Front are you running?
    .255 - I have a “drive the dot” POA.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List