Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P10 F optics ready

Ben Stoeger has the CZ factory plates for 38 bucks, but just looking at the pictures the aftermarket ones look a bit more cleanly made, also one of them says the OEM screws that come with the optic are too short and includes longer ones where CZ says to use them, just want to do this once guys, the only time I’ll take it off is to change the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I like greg cote for cz factory mags

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-facto...-actmag-c-173/
    Ordered additional 19rders. from Cote early Th. AM, received them Sat w/ standard shipping so thx. for a. solid lead backtrail.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful day north of Atlanta. I ran about 150 rounds through my P10F Optics Ready with SRO. I continue to work on speeding up my draw and first round hit. I never had a blazing fast draw and not getting faster as I age! Worked on some steel with 4 pieces of steel plates on stands at about 10 yards - draw and engage the 4 plates. I am definitely faster on plates 2 to 4 that with irons once I get the first hit.

Shooting my reloads - 115 FMJs, mixed brass, VV N320, and some older Remington SPs from my cache. Had two primers not light off the first time but they fired when I loaded into mag and hit again. I do not blame the P10 as I chose to use a very light striker spring plus aftermarket trigger. I will monitor and may move to a higher weight striker springs (this is a range gun right now) plus see if I have issues with these primers in my M&Ps.

I still like the P10F and SRO combination - certainly an awesome combination for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Ben Stoeger has the CZ factory plates for 38 bucks, but just looking at the pictures the aftermarket ones look a bit more cleanly made, also one of them says the OEM screws that come with the optic are too short and includes longer ones where CZ says to use them, just want to do this once guys, the only time I’ll take it off is to change the battery.
    I have the factory ones and the ones from CZC. The OEM plates are steel, about 1oz heavier, and the finish isn't like the slides nitride. It's more like black oxide, while the anodizing on the CZ is smooth. However, the CZ plate fits my SRO tightly enough that I can pickup the slide by the optic without the screws in place and the extra material fills in the space ahead of the optic. The plates are the same thickness, .106" of threads for the SRO screws. Kudos to CZ for boring pockets under the mounting holes. Slightly longer 7/16" screws can get 3 full threads of engagement, so no worries about stripping them. 1/2" long screws that come with RMR/SROs are a hair too long though and contact the bottom of the slide pockets. Both plates fit the slide equally well.

Anyone figure out a way to get 23 rounds to work reliably? I've seen quite a few reports of 22 being the limit for reliable P09/10F mags. I used CZC 140mm extensions in my CZ-75 mags with Grams followers/11-coil springs, so I figured the same would work for the P10F. I used CZ P09 extensions and the P09 specific Grams kit. I could get 23 rounds in the gun, barely reloadable, but the top 2-4 rounds would nosedive and jam on the feed ramp similar to a 2011 with a poorly tuned mag. I tried 5 sets of followers in 10 mags and they all did the nosedive. I put the factory springs/followers back in, and cut few mm off the rear leg of the follower as per Henning's suggestion. Now it's reliable with 22 rounds and reloadable. I'm fine with 22 rounds, but not having 23 just bugs me. I've heard SVI thin followers/springs from TTI will work and allow 24 with 23 reloadable but I'd like confirmation before spending more money.

Thanks for that info, I've kind of decided to wait on the shook's custom plates, I'm definitely not going with the flat ones that leave the open gap.
    Also it appears the CZ plates are made for them by CH precision, or at least thats what the retailers are selling them as, which are also sold out.
    If anyone knows anything as far as where to get the CZ "style" version that conforms exactly to the slide I'm all ears cause I've struck out so far.

Last thing is quality screws, I've got a 508T on the way for it, no idea what screws will come with it or if the length will be correct, guess I'll find out.
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 10-28-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by earlan357 View Post
    Anyone figure out a way to get 23 rounds to work reliably? I've seen quite a few reports of 22 being the limit for reliable P09/10F mags. I used CZC 140mm extensions in my CZ-75 mags with Grams followers/11-coil springs, so I figured the same would work for the P10F. I used CZ P09 extensions and the P09 specific Grams kit. I could get 23 rounds in the gun, barely reloadable, but the top 2-4 rounds would nosedive and jam on the feed ramp similar to a 2011 with a poorly tuned mag. I tried 5 sets of followers in 10 mags and they all did the nosedive. I put the factory springs/followers back in, and cut few mm off the rear leg of the follower as per Henning's suggestion. Now it's reliable with 22 rounds and reloadable. I'm fine with 22 rounds, but not having 23 just bugs me. I've heard SVI thin followers/springs from TTI will work and allow 24 with 23 reloadable but I'd like confirmation before spending more money.
    With Springer and CZC 140mm base pads, I could only run 22 rounds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Couple early observations, still waiting on the 508T to arrive so no range yet, just been doing my subconcious manipulations. Not crazy about the slide release as it has no shelf or real surface area to index on, the part where your thumb hits is just a thin piece, feels like pushing on the side of a quarter, I ordered the CZC extended which is 3.5mm longer and angled out at ten degrees which I'm sure will help but I would love to see an aftermarket solution that has some surface area to index on.
    Magwell is a little tight, especially compared to the gen5 glock well which I've gotten a little spoiled on, I'd like to see a really small and sleek duty type add on well and obviously a bigger one for games. There is some tiny flares in the polymer which are good but it's a smaller margin of error than the glock and P320 wells.

Trigger is terrific, may try the cajun kit for comp but the stocker is really as good as it gets for work. Easy to stage, very clean crispy break and super reset, I think this can claim best out of the box trigger in the poly striker game right now, mostly do to the crispness, the others are good but mushier and softer.
    Grip frame is also fantastic, as is the angle perfect, coming up on target everything just arrives right at my eyes where they're supposed to be, very intuitive.

Should have the optic mounted up by the end of the week assuming I can get correct screws and get out for the first 500rds right after, stoked to see how we get on.

My wife improved my P10 mag wells.

Name:  1B91E22B-A2E9-4E10-98F9-6E381B9B68CC.jpeg
Views: 867
Size:  77.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Excellent, I’ll get on that, where did you get that plug for the lanyard hole?

User Tag List