Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P10 F optics ready

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I'm typically not a platform switcher. Every time I try something new, I end up right back at the G19; however, I have been very pleased with my G48 experience.

I took advantage of the current market and cleaned out my safe selling off several other platforms as well as a few older Glocks. My intent was to pick up a new Gen5 19 for carry/duty.

Unfortunately, the market that made it so easy to liquidate has also made it hard to find a blue label Gen5 19 locally.

So there I was...

The Langdon RDS mount video dropped. Off to the local cop shop I went to handle a 92 Compact, when suddenly, I find myself handling a P10C OR... for less money than a Gen5 19 would run me.

I'm going to qualify with it today. I'll be running it with irons for now.
    My P10c OR works perfectly in a 6390RDS for a G19.

Name:  B543C82A-0164-437C-83B0-16BFD16641F7.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  40.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I had a Black Point Tactical holster in the truck for a Glock with WML. The X300 with DG switch for a Glock fit on the P10C, and the combo worked in the holster.

I shot the qual course with it straight from the box. The shot that is slightly high right was the fourth shot in a string of four. I didn't have my support hand locked, and I lost the front sight. The low left shot was from kneeling at 25 yards. The score was a 98.6.

I like the trigger, a lot. While I like the ergos, my brain kept protesting that something didn't feel right in the grip. It was just that slight bit of difference in the feel of it from that of a Glock. I do appreciate that it has a flat side grip rather than swells that are in the wrong places for me.

The metal mags really fly free, but it is going to take some dry work to stick the reloads. It seemed to me like there isn't as much rearward movement in the slide when racking it to send it back into battery.

The one strike I give it is that a truly optic ready gun would have suppressor height sights.

It did not fit into an ALS/WML holster that I had on hand for Glocks.

I need to run some duty ammo through it to see if it hits to POA/POI. With the 124 grain practice ammo we have, it was shooting to a bisecting hold at 25+. With my Ameriglo sights on my Glocks, I have to shift to a six o'clock hold at 25 and beyond.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

The one strike I give it is that a truly optic ready gun would have suppressor height sights.
    Agreed. And there aren’t any good options yet that I have found for fixing that.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

What sights are you guys using along with the RDS?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

These are about your only option for now. At least that I know of. And they only come w the plate. https://www.gandrtactical.com/CZ-Opt...08_p_1378.html
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    These are about your only option for now. At least that I know of. And they only come w the plate. https://www.gandrtactical.com/CZ-Opt...08_p_1378.html
    Thanks.

Dawson has several serrated black front options from 0.155" - 0.390" available. It has rear sights too but I'm not sure if they work with the OR models.
    David S.

Seems like a common refrain, but what height should CZ make them? Sized for RMR/Holosun? ACRO? DPP? SIG optics? They'd be one size fits nobody and you'd be replacing them anyway.

For example, the sights that came with my P-09 suppressor ready model (not optics ready) were way too tall for my taste. They gave something like a full co-witness with an milled in RMR. I'd guess they would have worked fine with a DPP.

(I'm not picking on you Lee, just pulling your comment because it's most recent.)
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Seems like a common refrain, but what height should CZ make them? Sized for RMR/Holosun? ACRO? DPP? SIG optics? They'd be one size fits nobody and you'd be replacing them anyway.

For example, the sights that came with my P-09 suppressor ready model (not optics ready) were way too tall for my taste. They gave something like a full co-witness with an milled in RMR. I'd guess they would have worked fine with a DPP.

(I'm not picking on you Lee, just pulling your comment because it's most recent.)
    Same issue exists with the VP9 Optics Ready pistols. When it comes to red dot support, you really need to feel the alternative is significantly better to stray from Glock, or you can be chasing your tail with hardware support limitations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Dawson has several serrated black front options from 0.155" - 0.390" available. It has rear sights too but I'm not sure if they work with the OR models.
    I checked w Dawson a couple months ago and he didn’t have any OR rear sights and didn’t say when or if he would ever make them. As popular as the P10 OR models have become you would think someone other than CZ would make some. I personally think the CZ ones are ridiculously tall, which covers the one size “fits” all theory. I was using a RMSc so I didn’t need to change the sights, but I don’t have that optic anymore so down the road I’ll need something for that pistol.

EDIT: Found the email. Guess they’re in the works.

Name:  BDE8DD61-E07D-4704-8F73-132444AC1BCE.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  22.8 KB
    Last edited by Lon; 07-26-2020 at 11:19 AM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List