Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P10 F optics ready

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Excellent, I’ll get on that, where did you get that plug for the lanyard hole?
    Think it is epoxy but I will check.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I looked, nobody makes one.

So I got out the dremel and with a very conservative stone made the magwell about 20% more forgiving, just take your time and look at the scratches where your hanging up on reloads and let that be your guide, it was less about hogging it out and more about getting rid of sharp square edges, it's still not a glock gen5 well or a P320 X frame well but it's a lot better than it was. I also toned down the sharpness of the nubs on the front strap just a hair, backstrap can be as aggressive as it wants but front was a little prickly.

One thing that escapes me, why is there an add on magwell for the P10C's in 3 sizes for each backstrap but it's not compatible with the full size? What could be different?
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 11-01-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    In regards to RMR and SRO. Can anyone tell me if the P10F requires the special screws trijicon sells for Glock and SA mounting?

So the plate arrived from CZ custom and it's the dead flat 6061 aluminum one that leaves that huge gap in front of the optic where the slide is cutout, why on earth would they go to this when the early ones had the material in front that fills the gap and follows the contour of the slide perfectly?
    So I guess now I'm stuck waiting for the aftermarket companies, (shooks) to get another run of their plates that fill that area in and look like a part of the slide. I would say it would have been nice if someone would have given me a heads up on this but it wouldnt have helped, apparently the type of plate I'm looking for fly's out of stock the day they get them in their shops. Dont know if I should just put this together and run it with the flat plate until I can get the other one or wait. I was planning to thread lock the plate to the slide and never mess with it again, damn.

At this point in the thread, it kind of summarizes the problem with the CZ P10 OR. Why sell an OR model that isn't really optics ready?

If you buy the gun, then you need to source suppressor height sights--without having an option that is actually labeled for the gun. (Rhetorical question: which model suppressor sights actually fit this again?)

Then, you have to find optics plates--which are never in stock it seems. And have to decide if the differences are cosmetic or not.

And then, depending on the optic and the plate you find, you might need different screws.

I've been considering a CZ P10 S OR, but at this point I just want to wait for a VP9 compact (assuming they come properly setup and supplied) -- I figure they'll come out the same year as bullet-proof slide-mounted enclosed optics with green dots.

Well I think I've got it squared away, but there is some validity to the post above, I had to solve this problem completely outside the purview of CZ as a company, as well as CZ custom, but in doing so I think I can save others a lot of hassle going forward with the P10 OR lineup.

So here it is, if you are cool with the flat wafer plate that leaves the big notch between the slide cut and the front of the optic then CZ custom has those and so do a couple other shops, personally they were never an option for me. So after digging into this pretty hard I settled on a shop here in GA out of the savannah area that will not only be my sole vendor for P10 plates going forward, but also Glock MOS and if need be, P320. Their quality is industry leading and their plates are already approved for duty with over 200 agencies and DOD. Demand is already bigger than I ever imagined and will continue to spike as LE/Mil begins to standardize optics on duty pistols.

CH Precision Weapons

http://www.chpws.com/product-categor...ounting-plates

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    In regards to RMR and SRO. Can anyone tell me if the P10F requires the special screws trijicon sells for Glock and SA mounting?
    The Optics Ready slides have relief cuts under the optic mounting screws. However, the included 6-32 x 1/2" long screws may contact the bottom of the cuts. Mine did. You can either file them slightly shorter, or use 7/16" long screws. Jagerwerks is the only place I've found that sells Torx versions since hex heads are know to strip. Don't use 3/8" long screws. They only get about 1.5 threads of engagement due to the tapered end, short of the minimum 3.

Also, RMR plates are currently in stock at CZ-USA. https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetai...-1-Rmr-Holosun
    Last edited by earlan357; 11-06-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Added info

I used the C&H mounting plate to mount a Holosun 507C. It fills all the gaps really nicely, has generous recoil lugs and screw lugs, and was a nice snug fit. In fact, the optic needed to be tapped down with a plastic mallet to get it to fully seat. Plus, at my request the guys over there sent me a baggy of extra screws to keep in my range bag at no cost (even though I offered to pay for them).

So despite it being bizarre and confusing that CZ rolled out the optics ready line with zero oem support, its cool that reputable companies are picking up the slack. Yay for capitalism.

Its also just gotta be a matter of time before Dawson has sights to offer. . . god willing.

This > " Its also just gotta be a matter of time before Dawson has sights to offer. . . god willing. "

User Tag List