Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Some background on the Dirtbag
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Some background on the Dirtbag
    Quoting the article...

One witness who told reporters they’d come face to face with the gunman and asked why he was doing this was told, “Because I’m really angry.”
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Unasked question for tonight's Dem debate: does the fact that this shooting occurred in a state with so much gun control that one needs a damn flowchart to determine whether they can lawfully buy ammunition have any bearing on your immediate calls to ban more guns?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Unasked question for tonight's Dem debate: does the fact that this shooting occurred in a state with so much gun control that one needs a damn flowchart to determine whether they can lawfully buy ammunition have any bearing on your immediate calls to ban more guns?

At this point it dosen't really matter, the California statehouse will come up with something..You can bet on it..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    At this point it dosen't really matter, the California statehouse will come up with something..You can bet on it..
    Like.... Changing the legal age for buying firearms to 21, maybe?
    I'm surprised WA (or was it OR?) beat them to it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Like.... Changing the legal age for buying firearms to 21, maybe?
    I'm surprised WA (or was it OR?) beat them to it.
    Naw..I figure they'll go farther than that..maybe a total ban on semi auto firearms, all of them, shotguns, all gauges, rifles of all calibers, and pistols of all calibers.. "common sense" and all that..it's for the kids, you know..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-30-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Iranian / Italian...the two ethnicities I most identify with white supremacy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Surprised this hasn’t been brought up yet.
    Probably because everybody here knows how this usually goes.

Random Asshole commits Yet Another Senseless Gun Violence Tragedy, followed by:

"How many Senseless Tragedies do we have to have to get Common Sense gun control (erm, sorry, Laws)?"

and of course Calls for Common Sense Gun Law reform take place.

Trump is blamed.

Repeat above, because well why not.

No wait it's the NRA and their massive lobby of shadowy corporations and sketchy corrupt politicians in their pocket.

and of course bringing up the rear:

We don't need weapons of war in our country and

Let's ban clips greater than 3 rounds, because I mean seriously if you can't take your deer/moose/elk or whatever icky thing it is with your bolt-action rifle you should not call yourself a hunter and

Two blasts on a double barrel shotgun are all you need (bet we hear that one tomorrow night at the Dem de-bates from Mr. Biden.)

It does get tiresome.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-30-2019 at 04:02 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Some of our California members may want to clear this up, but my non-detailed recollection is Newsom was both behind the legislature downgrading theft of a firearm from felony to misdemeanor, and the subsequent "gunpocalypse" ballot measure package that included the ammo-purchase licensing scheme. He essentially rode the notoriety and name recognition that gunpocalypse brought him into the governor's mansion.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The killer bought the rifle in Fallon, NV. The CA pols are already screaming about how this shows the need for national laws. CA representative Speier is using it to push a ban, as "one of 190 members of the House who co-sponsored a bill that would ban the import, sale, manufacturing or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices on the federal level." Note that possession would be banned, not just future sale. I expect that Nevada (now Dem controlled) will see such legislation next session, if not a special session called to take full advantage of the emotions of this incident.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...212706909.html for source material.

User Tag List