Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am in Revolver heaven....

DB;

I read somewhere a while ago that the original S&W 58 bore were a tad oversize for the commercial loads at the time. This supposedly caused accuracy lead build up issues. It was said to be one of the reason the 41 did not gain popularity originally.

Being on the east coast I didn't see any at the time in the wild.

Was there any truth to that?
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Site Supporter
    @Dagga Boy I’m just here to leave this link to Headstamp publishing, which was recently founded by Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons, the owner of Armament research group and the guy who was behind the Vickers coffee table books. I think publishing a coffee table book of American fighting revolvers would be right in their lane.

https://www.headstamppublishing.com/about

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    I read somewhere a while ago that the original S&W 58 bore were a tad oversize for the commercial loads at the time. This supposedly caused accuracy lead build up issues. It was said to be one of the reason the 41 did not gain popularity originally.

Was there any truth to that?
    Not trying to steel DB's possible answer, but as I said in my post earlier, the soft swagged lead bullets of the so called police load had more to do with the leading and inaccuracy with factory ammo than bore diameter. And the late '60s M-58 I owned had a bore of .410".

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @Dagga Boy I’m just here to leave this link to Headstamp publishing, which was recently founded by Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons, the owner of Armament research group and the guy who was behind the Vickers coffee table books. I think publishing a coffee table book of American fighting revolvers would be right in their lane.

https://www.headstamppublishing.com/about
    And while you're working on that, some episodes with Ian would be great.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Also dropping a link to the short video where Ian talks about the company and says that they’re looking for authors.

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 07-30-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Excellent revolver.

We need to talk about elk stocks. I want to put a set on that 45 revolver you sold me.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Excellent revolver.

We need to talk about elk stocks. I want to put a set on that 45 revolver you sold me.
    Absolutely!
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Also dropping a link to the short video where Ian talks about the company and says that they’re looking for authors.

Does anyone actually know Ian for an intro or something.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Unfortunately, no. He did two interviews with Ken Hackathorn on the M1 carbine and Thompson, so he's obviously open to other people/ideas. Forgotten Weapons is on FaceBook, and so are you and your pics of classic/historic revolvers. Throw some Wolf and Klar bait in the water...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Dude, hit up Matt Landfair. I’m sure he’d be more than happy to hook you two up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List