Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I am in Revolver heaven....

@Dagga Boy, perhaps I missed it, but what was the reason for the conversion? Certainly there were N-frame 45LC revolvers available?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Not fixed sight .45 LC.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Not fixed sight .45 LC.
    Exactly, along with no ejector housing.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

But customers were glad to see the ejector rod housing in 1926.

That's because nostalgia wasn't a big driver in those decisions then, as it is now.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Sure it was.
    First Model .44 Hand Ejector (Triple Lock) with housing. (actually the channel for the third latch.)
    Second Model .44 H.E. without housing, just like a big Military & Police .38.
    Third Model .44 H.E. with housing, special order from Wolf & Klar.

Sure it was.
    First Model .44 Hand Ejector (Triple Lock) with housing. (actually the channel for the third latch.)
    Second Model .44 H.E. without housing, just like a big Military & Police .38.
    Third Model .44 H.E. with housing, special order from Wolf & Klar.

That had little to with nostalgia, but rather economics, speed of manufacturing and field experience.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Ejector rod housing:

Pro:
    Protects ejector rod from bending.

Con:
    Ejector rod housing can fill with mud/and keep cylinder from closing.

Best might be: ejector rod housing open on both sides, protecting rod from front and bottom ?

There was more to both. The third lock was removed and the housing to make a cheaper and easier to build gun for WW1. Wolf & Klar wanted a Triple Lock, but settled for just the housing. The correspondence and issues with dealing with S&W to get that gun made were astounding. S&W was a pain in the ass then as well. Also, once it was made and a huge success with W&K, of course all the other distributors wanted to infringe on their exclusive.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I am sure the Wessons were not interested in bringing back the Triple Lock after demonstrating that it was not necessary.
    Not being in trench warfare, I kind of like the housing but am not wedded to it.

User Tag List