Thread: Nice trade in Model 10-5

Nice trade in Model 10-5

These aren't getting very much love, so I bought two of them. The $299 "good" condition ones.

https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...ategory_id=291

I expected that one of the two would be much better than the other, and I'd sell or trade the other one.

Wrong. Both are in excellent condition. They are light years ahead of the pictures, which look pretty bad on the website. Maybe I got lucky bc no one else was buying them so they sent me two nice ones.

One looks lightly carried, grips still in good shape, finish lightly holster buffed, but not remotely worn through. The other looks *barely* carried, finish excellent and grips excellent. One shoots most of a cylinder of 125 golden sabers into an inch at 25 yards, exactly at point of aim. 158 LSWHPs print 3" above POI, but mostly in the x-ring. The other is similarly accurate, just waiting for me to twist the barrel a hair to center the groups.

Both guns are so accurate that today I am sending the cylinders off to get reamed to consistent throats (both are slightly inconsistent, one is .357-.358, the other is mostly .357, with one at .356+ and one at .358-).

I haven't chrono'd them yet, but given that the B/C gap is .003 on one and just over .004 on the other, I'd expect them to be pushing low end 357 velocities with 38 +P's. Will post when I shoot them over the ole Ohler. But based on past experience, I expect 135 38+P Gold dots to be 1050-1100, 158 BB +P to be 1250-1275 ish.

I love 5" revolvers. Velocity wise, I've found that 38 +P's gain the same velocity from 4" to 5" as they do from 3" to 4". And the longer sight radius is quite noticeable compared to a 4". A bit more light gap around the front sight, as well. I have a feeling these guns will both be fun for 100 yard steel smacking.

Only downside...both seem to have the heaviest mainsprings of any K-frames I've shot in a long time. But that is easily fixed.

If I ever figure out how to post pics, I will.

Looking forward to pics.

A 5" standard barrel with that heavy Buffalo bore ammo would make a great woods gun.

Definitely agree. 158 hardcast or LHP at 1250fps should do most of what you need, with about half the muzzle blast and recoil of a 357.

User Tag List