Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Caleb or anyone - since they dropped the adjustable grip feature - did they settle on the smallish side? I would assume so for concealment. I hope so as this could become the default choice for women selecting an effective pistol they will dress around to carry. Impressive sounding pistola.
    Yeah, it's a very small grip. Similar in size to the Kahr series of pistols.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm sure that they will sell like hotcakes (which I assume sell well, I've never thought about it until I typed that) but the single stack nine that's too big to fit in my pocket (OAL almost 6") just doesn't do anything for me - it's only about a 1/4" thinner than my Glock which I don't think makes an appreciable difference in a belt carried weapon. I'll of course have to fondle one when I get a chance though and the news about the trigger is interesting, almost like S&W listened to the critique of their products as opposed to the normal Jedi wave that manufactures give consumer complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    it's only about a 1/4" thinner than my Glock which I don't think makes an appreciable difference in a belt carried weapon.
    Depends. When going down in size 1/4" is a big difference, just look at the PPS. The specs make it seem a little thinner than I thought. I hope I can get one in short order.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sure - that is just my opinion - I bet it makes a big difference for some people, like I said - I think they'll sell a ton of em.

Looks like $449.99 is going to be the magic number right now.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

At its widest point, it's 0.98 inches wide. What I found in shooting about 500 rounds through mine was that it has sufficient gripping area for my largeish hands without sacrificing too much concealability. I wish the grip texturing was more aggressive because after a while, my handsome sweat and the gun got loose in my grip. For carry I'll probably put a bit of skate tape on it.

I'm on planes for most of the day, so I'll answer questions about it as best as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Looks like $449.99 is going to be the magic number right now.
    Just confirmed mine with my LGS at $429.99. It's on the truck now and should be in my hands no later than Monday or Tuesday.

I will post a range report in short order. I'll try to get some pics compared to the 9c and 9fs and compared to a G19. Sorry, I don't own a baby GLOCK to compare it to.

So Mr. Dark Star Gear ..... I'm gonna need a new groovy holster ... maybe something in an prototype AIWB ... just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    So Mr. Dark Star Gear ..... I'm gonna need a new groovy holster ... maybe something in an prototype AIWB ... just sayin'.
    As soon as I get my hands on one.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List