Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have complete faith that S&W will come out strong then screw it up in the details...
    What are your thoughts on the sun rising tomorrow: east or west?

I'm warming to the idea. I think pricing is the decider for me.

I'm also curious as to how interchangeable trigger mechanism components will be since obviously the sear housing block will be different on this gun.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if S&W will release one without a safety?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good get, LL.

Wonder how it compares to the PPS in size, especially thickness? And, why hasn't Glock done this, ideally as a Gen 3.5, Gen 3 internals with Gen 4 texture and mag release.
    Whatever the comparison, one must bet that Walther is probably very unhappy to see the minimal sales and marketing effort that S&W put into the PPS line even further overshadowed by this release. From S&W perspective, cannibalizing those sales is probably an afterthought... and while I called that quite a while back, the other shoe to drop will be if / when Walther decides on a different US partner. The PPQ and PPS pairing can certainly stand on its own for a sizable enough firm with interest and a robust enough market presence and support base to survive due diligence. The question is how long the original partnership was inked for...

And +1 on the wish that there was a Glock single stack 9... The M&P trigger and grip just doesn't do it for me, though its an entirely competent pistol.

Yeah, but Walther really doesn't give a rip about the US market anyway from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Yeah, but Walther really doesn't give a rip about the US market anyway from what I've heard.
    That's because Walther pistols are as ubiquitous with European police units as glocks are over here. The last time I was visiting my ancestral family area in western Germany (Dortmund and environs) , about 4 years ago, the cops were carrying p99's. All the cops.

As for the new S&W offering, meh, consider me completely underwhelmed. I've never really been a fan of A) S&W products or B) small single stack 9's. I prefer revolvers for my small BUG role.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

Think it'll have a mag safety? I'll bet yes!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by xdtact View Post
    Why would it? The M&P doesn't, after all.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by xdtact View Post
    You mean an easily removed nuisance that fits nicely into a small baggie that remains in the box forever once removed from the gun?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Got a pic up on my blog.
    Dude... You are one thoroughly sick puppy!

I'm STILL laughing over the cocooned rabbit.

Do I have your permission to use that as a screen saver?

User Tag List