Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I am willing to take that trade if it means deep concealment or a very slim summer carry gun that shoots well.
    Then obviously that slight difference in width is noticeable enough if you're willing to give up the capacity so readily. I don't have any single stack pistols so Im going to defer to your experience instead of making any more ASSumptions based on measurements from the interweb. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am interested in how a person might carry a Shield in deeper concealment than in a good appendix holster? I drank the cool aid with the PPS, but after having it a number of months, have yet to find a situation where I could conceal a PPS in an AIWB holster but not a G26. For pocket carry, the PPS size pistol didn't work for me, and I still haven't found something that works better than a j frame.
    I figured the PPS (now maybe Shield) would be the pistol to throw in the jacket or cargo pocket when the wife sends you out on an unexpected run to the store. Or, like Volgrad suggested, deeper (or easier) concealment when required ie: brunch at the inlaws - low threat & anti-gun.

Like I said, I have no personal basis for making comparisons so I appreciate any discussion that might save me money, or just open my eyes to another perspective.

I haven't tried the Shield in a pocket yet but based on the fact it's pretty much the same size as the LC9 for me it won't be a regular pocket gun. I can fit an LC9 in some of my pockets but not all of them.

As of now my intent is to try an AIWB from Dark Star Gear for when I don't/can't carry the G19. I would also like to find a super thin tuckable IWB. I never quite found the right one for an LC9 though so the hunt is still on.

Volgrad,
    I just stumbled onto this website a little while ago. Based on you're experience with holsters, you might already have tried his, but I thought it might be worth a shot.

http://pjholster.com/?page_id=688

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Volgrad,
    I just stumbled onto this website a little while ago. Based on you're experience with holsters, you might already have tried his, but I thought it might be worth a shot.

Interesting, canted and one piece design might be a stop gap but durability is a concern imo. CCC Looper was integrated but it's weakness was the belt loop would break iirc.

Volgrad,

Never heard of them. Interesting. Doesn't look bad actually but I have never had much luck with J hooks. Thanks for the heads up though.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Interesting, canted and one piece design might be a stop gap but durability is a concern imo. CCC Looper was integrated but it's weakness was the belt loop would break iirc.
    I do not think breakage would be an issue with the smaller gun. There is less of an interruption on the belt line, so to speak, and the ability of the belt to torque the holster around is far reduced with the smaller gun. Mine will be using a Pull-the-Dot snap loop with a synthetic loop material and a small means to aid in AIWB and not hinder IWB.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Mine will be using a Pull-the-Dot snap loop with a synthetic loop material and a small means to aid in AIWB and not hinder IWB.
    Consider mine "on order". I can't wait to try your holster for this gun. I am very pleased with the others I've purchased from you. In fact I was showing my light carrier for the M&P45fs to jlw yesterday.

We are diminished
    Looks a lot like the Looper, but without the full loop.

Then obviously that slight difference in width is noticeable enough if you're willing to give up the capacity so readily. I don't have any single stack pistols so Im going to defer to your experience instead of making any more ASSumptions based on measurements from the interweb. Thanks

I figured the PPS (now maybe Shield) would be the pistol to throw in the jacket or cargo pocket when the wife sends you out on an unexpected run to the store. Or, like Volgrad suggested, deeper (or easier) concealment when required ie: brunch at the inlaws - low threat & anti-gun.

Like I said, I have no personal basis for making comparisons so I appreciate any discussion that might save me money, or just open my eyes to another perspective.
    I missed this post yesterday. Sorry.

What I have learned is whatever perception or first impression on the dimensional differences are on paper .... they are usually wrong. What looks small on paper can be a HUGE difference in reality or vice versa.

Your comment about "throw in jacket or cargo .... low threa & anti-gun" is exaclty when I have chosen to carry the LCP or LC9 in the past. For instance, when I take my daughter to gymnastics or to some type of "child friendly" event where I am concerned with ultra concealment I don't generally strap on a full sized pistol (unless it's a G19 AIWB with a decent cover garment). I know I'm carrying legally and all but I also don't want to deal with the fall-out if I print or somehow reveal my pistol unintentionally. I am sure it would turn into a big scene and mortify my daughter. No sense in that. Same goes with date night with my wife if we are going somewhere nice enough I have to tuck my shirt but not nice enough to wear a sport coat.

Having the Shield is huge for me for these times. I now have a gun I feel good about to carry in these situations. I just need to find a good tuckable holster option.

I hear ya on the activities with kids, especially when I'll be joining in the fun and doing lots of climbing and jumping. Hoping the 26 will fill that role for me but I may still end up with something like the Shield, PM9, etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

User Tag List