Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    I know a guy who carries a G26 in a back pocket all day long, he's got a pocket holster for it and it works super. I checked yesterday, a G26 fits into my back pocket as well, with tons of room to spare. It's not much thicker than the wallets that you see many men shoving in their back pockets either. My dad's wallet is usually filled with a few dozen receipts, a million credit cards, rewards cards, piles of loose change and cash, and scraps of paper to boot. I bet I'd be more comfortable sitting on a G26 or a P2000SK than he is on his wallet... and something like the shield would be even less of a nuisance.

J.Ja
    I just measured my wallet, which is fairly un-loaded with stuff... 1.5" thick. I'd say that back-pocket carry of a Shield, provided its length & height fit a pocket (and it should fit a back jeans pocket quite nicely, since a G26 had lots of extra room in mine), would indeed be not as uncomfortable as a wallet, as long as the holster isn't too bumpy.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

going to hold out until they make decent IWB holsters for this thing (ahem comp-tac)

You need a good leather pocket holster for back pocket carry.
    Otherwise the mag release is prone to accidental activation.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post
    going to hold out until they make decent IWB holsters for this thing (ahem comp-tac)
    Blade Tech will have a holster soon, and Galco will have their Summer Comfort (my favorite leather IWB) available soon.

There should be a flood of holsters soon. The offerings on Smith and Wesson web site accessory PDF for the shield is a joke.

I'm waiting patiently all it takes is time.

Looks like I got one on the way, sort of.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Can't wait to try it out Skyline. I went to Academy yesterday and eyeballed one but didn't handle it, and resisted the urge to buy
    Sounds like S&W did a good job getting advance copies to holster and sight makers, so that should shorten the wait time on accessories.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

200rds today:
    Winchester NATO 124gr Q4318 50rds

Federal 115gr (Walmart) 50rds

Reloads 124gr Berrys hp 4.7gr Unique 100rds

No failures, no issues, very strong ejection. Not as snappy as I thought it would be, Caleb was right about the torque feeling with the smaller 7rd mag. Very controllable period.

First magazine with NATO 2hand unsupported at 5yds.

2nd mag same as above.

Some RH and LH only.

Shooting on the move.

Unsupported 7-10yds

This last one above was 15yds unsupported as fast as I could work the trigger.

I'll revisit this little pistol in a few weeks after some more holsters are available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

I'll be posting a range report later this evening myself. Fired approx 150rds today and very pleased.

If somebody has a chance, I'd be interested in seeing some photos of the sear block assembly on this thing. I'm curious as to how Smith chose to address the weak reset on the standard M&P design. i.e., did they add a spring to force the trigger bar back into position after disconnecting like the RAM, is it something different in the trigger bar geometry, just a stronger TRS, etc?

User Tag List