Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

I personally know of 4 different gun stores that had/have 3 each of these new guns, either on hand now (already sold out now) or inbound. Prices were $399, $429, and $449.

It seems 3 was the magic number for ordering these.

Anybody who's handled both the shield and kahrs...how does it compare to the Kahr's CM/PM and CW/P series? Is it pocketable like the PM9 or too big like the P9?

It is definitely bigger than the PM9 we have sitting around the office. I could pocket carry it in my cargo pants, but honestly it's a belt gun.

Thanks. Do you prefer it to the Kahr's?

I don't have enough trigger time on the Kahr to make an informed decision one way or the other.

Caleb,

Thanks for your reviews. I know you're not a big fan of them on a BUG, but I'm a bit curious about the safety... How easy is it to use? As someone who actually likes a manual safety, the Shield's safety seems a little small. Shame the safety isn't ambidextrous either.

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    Guess they couldn't have kept it under the $450 MSRP price point with an ambidextrous safety and slide release.
    I'd imagine that that has more to do with their thickness goals...

Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    Caleb,

Thanks for your reviews. I know you're not a big fan of them on a BUG, but I'm a bit curious about the safety... How easy is it to use? As someone who actually likes a manual safety, the Shield's safety seems a little small. Shame the safety isn't ambidextrous either.
    I carried the gun appendix OWB for an entire weekend, and I used the safety. It took some feeling around, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

The New Hawtness

Here's my problem with the gun though.

It's too big for a pocket, and if I'm carrying on the belt I might as well carry a G19 or an M&Pc. So while I think this is the best single stack 9mm on the market, I still don't get the idea.

User Tag List