Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Just confirmed mine with my LGS at $429.99. It's on the truck now and should be in my hands no later than Monday or Tuesday.

I will post a range report in short order. I'll try to get some pics compared to the 9c and 9fs and compared to a G19. Sorry, I don't own a baby GLOCK to compare it to.

So Mr. Dark Star Gear ..... I'm gonna need a new groovy holster ... maybe something in an prototype AIWB ... just sayin'.
    Sweet. I would bet when we have more available the price will be lower. We've only got the three and a show this weekend. :shrug: I just work here. :-)
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    MSRP is going to be around $440, and Smith is working with accessory manufacturers to have holsters and gear available right away.
    At that price, I see myself actually picking one up if they prove reliable. At as or more expensive than a duty gun, I don't have much use for a SS 9mm. At the $400 mark, I can see it filling a nice gap for me.

... and I'll get pics compared to my LC9. I forgot about that one in my last post.

Well, it already has a better trigger than 90% of the single stack sub-compact 9's on the market. I'm actually slightly impressed.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Chuck already had some XS Big Dots on his. Does the Shield use standard M&P sights? That would be fantastic.

ETA: Yep. Not sure how missed that... Thanks VolGrad and Cosmo M3!
    Last edited by 98z28; 04-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Chuck already had some XS Big Dots on his. Does the Shield use standard M&P sights? That would be fantastic.
    Caleb's video post stated the dovetail cut is the same so any M&P sights would work, just might be a bit wider than the slide and require filing down.

Full-size and Shield's sights are interchangeable

I'll wait for Nutnfancy's approval before I commit to one.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    I'll wait for Nutnfancy's approval before I commit to one.
    Don't gorget about that other old guy that posts a million vids. I can't even remember his name. That's how much I care about his opinion.

Guess they couldn't have kept it under the $450 MSRP price point with an ambidextrous safety and slide release.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

User Tag List