Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading Irony

I never heard of it.
    Starting at $702.95 at today's exchange rate, plus shipping.
    Kind of a Korth single stage, nicht wahr?
    No wonder the OP was using a Lyman.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    @P30

Just to make you smile today.
    Thank you. So a German guy bought a used US reloading press in Switzerland.

These are the reloading presses sold by Frankonia, the German counterpart of Cabela's:
    frankonia.de/schiesssport/wiederladen/wiederladegeraete/Artikel.html?lastSelected=f_s_kategorie&f_s_katego rie=Ladepressen
    All made in USA.

I don't know much about reloading, yet. In Germany, it takes a course and a license for reloading. I mostly shoot 9mm, so it would not save me much money. When I have more time, I'll take the course and start reloading. Then I can fine-tune my ammo for precision rifle shooting.
    Last edited by P30; 12-17-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Thank you. So a German guy bought a used US reloading press in Switzerland.

These are the reloading presses sold by Frankonia, the German counterpart of Cabela's:
    frankonia.de/schiesssport/wiederladen/wiederladegeraete/Artikel.html?lastSelected=f_s_kategorie&f_s_katego rie=Ladepressen
    All made in USA.

I don't know much about reloading, yet. In Germany, it takes a course and a license for reloading. I mostly shoot 9mm, so it would not save me much money. When I have more time, I'll take the course and start reloading. Then I can fine-tune my ammo for precision rifle shooting.
    For shotgun I used to reload to save money but component prices (lead) became very expensive. There is still some savings for larger caliber pistol like 45 ACP but it isn't anything like rifle ammo. There is substantial savings there and the primary reason I reload. When you add the fact that one can build custom ammo for each rifle and enhance the accuracy it just makes a lot of sense. Of course we don't have to pay for a license or a course so that would have to be factored in I suppose.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-21-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    While I'm certain reloading for rifle would save me a ton of money, I don't shoot much rifle.

That said...finding factory handgun ammo that just barely makes power factor and groups well tends to be more expensive ammo.

Even Federal's Action Pistol loads (which never existed til recently) are a bit more pricey. Oddball calibers benefit from handloads too.

I don't think my model 57 has even seen a factory round through it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List