Thread: New CZ P07 Range Report

New CZ P07 Range Report

I had a quick chance to take the P07 to the range today, mostly for function fire. The gun handled well with no stoppages or malfunctions through the measly 50 rd session. Ergos were good for my hands with no sharp areas apparent but I will say my personal impression is the gun seems to shoot "harder" than my old G19. Probably due to the fact I haven't shot any other handgun seriously for about the last 8 yrs.

I was able to keep 40 rds in the 5.5" black bull from 7-15 yds, even with my bi-focal glasses on so the accuracy is there. The final 10, I fired all DA at 7 yds and after the first 3, they all went into one ragged hole. All fired slow fire BTW.

DA and SA were fine with no grittiness or hitches in the trigger. The only real problem with me was the factory sights which need to be replaced with a more open set. I've been working on that and will probably go with Dawson black rear with FO front.

Grip texture was surprisingly good for me. Although I usually put some type grip tape on any plastic pistol, I'm not sure I'll need it on this one...I'll decide after some rapid firing whether I need those or not.

Overall, it seems to be a good pistol with no glaring issues and I was really impressed with the accuracy I got using cheap Federal 115 gr ball.

I think the backstrap on a g19 has a larger radius, which probably spreads that brutal 9mm recoil out a little more.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think the backstrap on a g19 has a larger radius, which probably spreads that brutal 9mm recoil out a little more.
    I agree 100% the thinness of a backstrap makes a big difference in perceived recoil.

I am glad you really like the p07, my friend just got a od green p09 and he really loves it.

I shot glocks for years and never had any real problems, they felt fine to me, I was a little inconsistent with them though. I haven't been shooting them much or carrying them as much over the past year. Now when I pick one up I'm not digging it much at all. I have found if you stick with a glock everything is fine, if you start to stray then things get wonky. What I also realized is for how much time I have with training with glocks I could pick up any other pistol and shoot it as well or slightly better.

It's always good to try different pistols, best thing I ever did.

I have an OD Green P09 I obtained from a member here on the forum. It has the Pro Package installed by Cajun Gun Works.

Didn't like the OEM sights, so just installed a set of Dawson Precision 300-143 sights and took it out to sight in this morning. Hitting precisely at point of aim at 20 yards. Ran about 100 rounds through it (124 gr. FMJ and 124 gr. JHP) with zero issues.

I am pleased with the ergonomics and the trigger (both DA and SA) is very nice.

I have been shooting CZ Custom Shadows, a Shadow 2, and a CZ 97B in local competition and carrying a CZ Custom Pro-Tek 1 or a Cajun Gun Works RAMI2075 for quite a while, but this is my first experience with one of their polymer pistols.

So far, so good, but not enough experience with it to know if the P09 will become a favorite. A very nice pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I have an OD Green P09 I obtained from a member here on the forum. It has the Pro Package installed by Cajun Gun Works.

Didn't like the OEM sights, so just installed a set of Dawson Precision 300-143 sights and took it out to sight in this morning. Hitting precisely at point of aim at 20 yards. Ran about 100 rounds through it (124 gr. FMJ and 124 gr. JHP) with zero issues.

I am pleased with the ergonomics and the trigger (both DA and SA) is very nice.

I have been shooting CZ Custom Shadows, a Shadow 2, and a CZ 97B in local competition and carrying a CZ Custom Pro-Tek 1 or a Cajun Gun Works RAMI2075 for quite a while, but this is my first experience with one of their polymer pistols.

So far, so good, but not enough experience with it to know if the P09 will become a favorite. A very nice pistol.
    Thanks for the reply.

Does your P09 exhibit the same type accuracy I experienced? I ordered the Dawson sights (310-143) yesterday so looking forward to trying them out.
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-30-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Does your P09 exhibit the same type accuracy I experienced? I ordered the Dawson sights (310-143) yesterday so looking forward to trying them out.
    Yes, the P09 appears to be plenty accurate with the two types of ammo I have tried (Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. JHP and Aguila 124 gr. FMJ).

No benched group shooting - all shooting done off-hand standing at a measured 20 yards. Groups are well-centered and average about 2 1/2" for 5-shot groups.

The Dawson Precision sights are made more for fast shooting than group shooting, with the .100" front sight width and the .135" rear sight notch, so I am satisfied.

CZ P-09/RM07 with 147g American Eagle: At the 25 yard line I can reliably shoot 96-2X with everything in the black and called "misses."

Cheers,
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    CZ P-09/RM07 with 147g American Eagle: At the 25 yard line I can reliably shoot 96-2X with everything in the black and called "misses."

Cheers,
    I don't know what 96-2X means, but it sounds like these guns have have good capability. I haven't gone beyond 15 yds yet but next time I will.

10 rounds at B-8 target scored by the numbers.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    10 rounds at B-8 target scored by the numbers.
    Ok got it. I never score the rings, I'm just trying to stay in the black...or I just measure group size. In the USAF, we didn't even use rings just one circle on a "green ernie" so it was either a hit or miss.

User Tag List