Thread: RFI: Downtown Birmingham Al. eats.

RFI: Downtown Birmingham Al. eats.

Will be in Birmingham Thursday-Monday. In the UAB area.
    Where could a guy find some good food?

While not in downtown, the following restaurants in the B'ham area are owned/operated by Dave Horn:

The Ridge Eat & Drink in Vestavia Hills
    Mudtown Eat & Drink in Cahaba Heights
    SoHo Social Homewood in Homewood

Dave is an avid competitive shooter.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Second the Dave Horn establishments, I've been eating at Mudtown since about the first month.

Also The Fish Market which is right in amongst UAB
    http://www.thefishmarket.net

Out in Hueytown, I like Uncle Sam's BBQ, another good shooter run eatery.
    http://www.unclesamsbbq.com
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I'm a big fan of "Jim and Nicks" BBQ downtown. They have a nice atmosphere, good BBQ, and good beer selection. It is generally my go to spot whenever I have a Birmingham overnight long enough. It is in a district* with a lot of other bars and restaurants and they have a little trolley that will get you there from most of the downtown hotels for like $0.25 or so. They also have a couple other locations there including the airport.

* Couldn't remember the name of the district but it was just mentioned below - Five Points....
    Last edited by Suvorov; 07-29-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Nabeel's in Homewood. Surin Thai at Five Points. Dave's Pizza in Homewood. I moved from there in 2005, but these were my favorites -- especially Nabeel's and Dave's. I wish I were at Dave's right now...

O'Henry's Coffee House, also in Homewood, was also a favorite place of mine, but it's not a full restaurant by any stretch.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Two recommendations from a trip there about 18 months ago:

John's City Diner, 112 Richard Arrington Blvd N...southern /bbq...their collard greens--OMG.

The Collins Bar: 2125 2nd Ave N...incredible craft cocktails, food supposed to be good but never made it past the drink menu...

Those two places are within walking distance. That section of 2nd Ave has multiple bars/restaurants
    Last edited by csheehy; 07-29-2019 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Add'l info

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This was recommended by a client a few years ago. Only place I've eaten in B'ham, but it was excellent.

https://fullmoonbbq.com/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List