Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W 640 with D&L Sports Sights

S&W 640 with D&L Sports Sights

Traded away some soulless murder plastic for this yesterday.

http://instagram.com/p/B0da6QmAh7p/

http://instagram.com/p/B0eFOcWg7tP/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Oddly enough, I'm selling my 686+ tomorrow because of the internal lock. (I didn't want to do the deconstruction.)

Nice looking 640, though. (And I know you know how to take care of those pesky ILs.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The lock is the only thing keeping me from turning tree frog green with jealousy. S&W should license that set up, and lose the 3-dot 640 pro.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The lock is the only thing keeping me from turning tree frog green with jealousy. S&W should license that set up, and lose the 3-dot 640 pro.
    Not sold on the sights so far. I gotta get to the range. I need to shoot this SxS with my Ruger Wiley Clapp SP101 (true apples to apples), Custom 642 and 43c. I’m thinking XS front with U notch rear might be the best.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    ...I’m thinking XS front with U notch rear might be the best.
    In the final analysis, I suspect you may be right.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Turns out D&L makes a fixed sight that screws into the frame of K-, L-, N-, and X-frame Smiths.

I just emailed them about cost.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Turns out D&L makes a fixed sight that screws into the frame of K-, L-, N-, and X-frame Smiths.

I just emailed them about cost.

Okie John
    Please report back.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Square (OK, rectangular) black sights you can see on a J-frame are pretty remarkable to me. Loose the IL and I would have been sold on it too.

Hope you like it on the range,
    Dave

Nice set up, definitely an improvement. Leather choiice might be a consideration. I have a Kimber K6 2" with night sights and they are tall but ok, in the leather department.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Please report back.
    Just heard back from Mr. Lauck: "They run $95. Includes the screws. Night inserts can be put in, but only after you mount sight and check the zero."

Now you know what I know.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List