Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle carry/rides

Riding was one of the times my Eagle pistol fanny packs came in handy. Especially when going cross country and adding or removing layers during the course of the day.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If I'm wearing my Diamond Gusset riding jeans I carry as I normally would (M&P 9, spare mag, flashlight) but when traveling in full gear I carry a Kahr PM 9 in a Remora pocket holster in my riding pants (no way to carry normally). I used to carry it in a jacket pocket but I sometimes leave the jacket with the bike if I'm away from it so I switched to the pants pocket. The CQC-14 and spare mag goes in the other pocket.
    Oh, and a ASP baton in the tank bag in case a ner-do-well just needs to be thumped and not shot.

Attachment 40558

Attachment 40557
    Last edited by baddean; 07-28-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

HD jacket, leather or nylon summer, pocket carry of a J-frame typically, for a ride of a few hours. J-frames rule for causal carry in relatively "safe" areas.

If running on a multi-day trip across state lines, IWB of your choice, as long as your shirt &/or jacket allow for proper concealment. Yes, it would be bad in a lay-down, but no worse than the average motor cop. Otherwise, default to the ubiquitous, all-ruling J-frame.

I once had a jacket, no longer made, which would handle a 1911Gov't/G17/P35 in the front pocket. Sadly, it amazingly shrunk as I aged and it's no longer made. But, with "adventure" jackets it's well worth the trouble of trying.

Pay your money and take your chances.

And, don't discount a blade or two secreted away someplace.

Motorcycle carry/rides

I am thinking of trying my ankle holster on outside right ankle with g43. I normally carry iwb but printing is a issue. Aiwb is sadly no go for me currently.

This am.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This afternoon
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 07-28-2019 at 07:57 PM.

S1000R, AIWB with a G17. Worked for a 550 mile jaunt from Pittsburgh to Deal's Gap, NC and anywhere between.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    S1000R
    Nice!!…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I am thinking of trying my ankle holster on outside right ankle with g43. I normally carry iwb but printing is a issue. Aiwb is sadly no go for me currently.

This am.

This afternoon
    Won’t your pant leg blow up and expose the gun/holster? I’d think a 43 or jframe would go in your jacket or pants pocket, or smartcarry.

When I ride these days, it’s horses. Smartcarry is a no-go for that. LOL. Don’t ask me how I know...

Smart Carry pinches in unpleasant places on a bike. I use an OWB Raven or Blade-tech under my jacket when going on joy rides. The blade-tech (and 1911 it was carrying) survived a minor accident. If I’m riding somewhere and I have to be discreet, it’s usually just a j-frame in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Won’t your pant leg blow up and expose the gun/holster? I’d think a 43 or jframe would go in your jacket or pants pocket, or smartcarry.

When I ride these days, it’s horses. Smartcarry is a no-go for that. LOL. Don’t ask me how I know...
    My pant legs do not blow up that much. But it sure is obvious and slow with the draw with ankle carry. Owb would be nice but I do not wear a jacket in the summer. Maybe with a tighter shirt over holster and a loose over shirt.

User Tag List