Thread: Is p365 ready to go or alternatives for small ccw

Is p365 ready to go or alternatives for small ccw

Well this is my first post in here so here goes.
    I've been carrying a g19 (or similarly sized pistol) for about a year now. Good gun but looking to get something smaller. I like glock because of the reputation of outstanding reliability (they also shoot pretty flat). Like the g43 but finding it hard to accept the 6+1 capacity especially in the scenario of multiple threats.
    Obviously the sig p365 looks like the ultimate answer for a small carry gun right now. Cant beat the features. Love the sights and trigger and the capacity is outstanding. But what I'm concerned of is if it will be a pistol that can be relied on for edc. I've heard of there being quite a few issues earlier on and some people arent convinced that it is ready to go.
    Should I get a p365 now and can it be trusted? Or should I look at something else like a walther pps m2 or g 43 etc.?

Big thread discussing the topic here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-10-1-and-12-1
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I can't say the P365 you get will be "ready to go".
    I can say my P365 is ready to go. Performing well for me.

I would buy one. If it does have problems Sig will fix it.
    It's a very likeable little pistol.

Site Supporter
    My understanding is that the bugs have been worked out, and it is now the issued backup gun of the Indiana State Police. I doubt you would find a new one that is not recent production. Mine, made in April of this year, has been fine so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I saw quite a few sig p365xl with issues not going into battery already. I no longer trust sig so I wouldn't trust any of their firearms.

I bought my P365 AS a pocket pistol. I am pleased with it's performance and I'm pleased with it's portability. It's my all day/every day pistol. Ten shots of 9mm is much better than the 6 shots of 380 I was getting from my LCP2.

Sig has sold 400,000 P365 pistols. The kinks are out, and the three we have run 100%. It’s knocked several pistols I really liked out of my rotation, and there is no longer a rotation. 👍

User Tag List