Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rigel Updates (and news)

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar

Rigel Updates (and news)

We're coming into the 5th or 6th year of the Rigel and even longer for the Orion as configured. We've got some cool things in the works as we transition our shop from our current location to a larger facility, while adding enough people to take our treading water on lead times to days at most. The biggest change coming forward though has to be on the product side. I'm still quite happy with what our current line offers, multiple attachments, we've been able to absorb some changes in the attachment world as well, but we've also always tried to build what folks wanted.

What doesn't the Rigel do that folks want/need in a WML holster? What changes should we make? What's stopped you (WML carriers) from trying one?

Things that are currently off the table:
    Universal fit... Not our bag, and the world doesn't need another one. We did a concept some time ago, prior to the VG3 being widely known (it's an ooooooold holster), and there are just too many concessions that need to be made to make it fit in line with our main product line. The Floodlight works great if that's what you need. Everyone should probably have one. And the concession part, there aren't any with the Floodlight. With how we do things, universal doesn't work quite how we want to keep things congruent in design.
    Monoblock... Top mount attachments are inferior and impart too much bending on the shell. More so, the HLR clips are better, they have full support under the tooth and have the right spring tension to keep the clip closed.

Things that are happening:
    New Surefire model
    Modlite model
    TLR-7 potential as our production capacity ramps up.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

I'm hoping that a company I trust will be offering holsters for the upcoming Cloud Defense WML, and I include you, Phlster, and Henry Holsters on that short list.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm hoping that a company I trust will be offering holsters for the upcoming Cloud Defense WML, and I include you, Phlster, and Henry Holsters on that short list.
    They have stated that they are working with holster manufacturers to offer something at launch, but none of the names on that list will have anything and have not heard a peep. They are on my list right after Modlite, but I'd need lights in order to offer anything.

I do understand that they're in the prep phase still...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    They have stated that they are working with holster manufacturers to offer something at launch, but none of the names on that list will have anything and have not heard a peep. They are on my list right after Modlite, but I'd need lights in order to offer anything.

I do understand that they're in the prep phase still...
    Yeah... My feelings exactly. I'm not exactly excited about who they may be working with and I'll probably just wait until one of you guys can make it happen.

I’m excited to hear of another well-regarded manufacturer offering TLR-7 holsters.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

A Rigel OWB for M&P/X300.

TLR7 compatibility is probably #1 for me.

Wider hole spacing to allow DCC clips to straddle a belt loop.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post

Both of these. I've wanted a TLR-7 version since the light was released.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post

The #1 reason for the change is wider spacing. TLR7 for a G17 is coming right after the Modlite for G34.

The main driver is actually shifting to DCC's as the primary clip choice over the wider clip. We needed to have some other hardware bits shored up first, and now that we've got it, we can move in that direction on all holsters.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The #1 reason for the change. TLR7 for a G17 is coming right after the Modlite for G34.
    My preference is G19 w/ TLR7 and RDS cut.

I have a JMC AIWB on the way because you didn't have anything.

User Tag List